The Certification in Human Resource (HR) Management is designed to allow HR professionals with Bachelor’s Degrees in a non-HR area to acquire specific Human Resource Management knowledge in five broad areas of Human Resources. These courses are available for students on campus and online.
Individuals that complete the Certificate in Human Resource Management will be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Employment, safety, and administration of personnel
- Compensation and benefit structures in profit and nonprofit organizations
- Design of quality training and development programs for employees
- Contract negotiation, establishing a positive relationship with all parties of a labor contract, and conflict resolution as mediation or arbitration
- Strategic HR Management and its role of sustaining competitive advantages for the organization
- International Management
- Influences on organizational effectiveness and the social responsibilities that an organization holds
Certificate in Human Resource Management Courses Degree Requirements:
The HR Certificate Program requires completion of five courses (14-15 credits). A minimum of four courses (12 credits) must come from the following courses:
- MANAGEMENT 751 STAFFING AND EVALUATION
- MANAGEMENT 752 CURRENT ISSUES IN COMPENSATION& BENEFITS
- MANAGEMENT 753 TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- MANAGEMENT 758 MANAGEMENT AND LABOR RELATIONS
- MANAGEMENT 760 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
AND not more than one course (2-3 credits) can come from the following courses:
- BEINDP 740 PERSUASION & NEGOTIATION
- MANAGEMENT 777 INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- MANAGEMENT 759 SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF BUSINESS
To qualify for admission to a certificate program in good standing, you must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with an overall grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.75 or above.
For policies regarding admission on probation, please consult the current Program Coordinator.
*No GMAT required.
Students may apply through the School of Graduate Studies.
Note: Students in the HR Certificate Program may enroll in the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at UW-Whitewater if they meet the normal criteria for that program. Certificate courses are part of the MBA program and may count toward completion of that degree at a later date.