Department of Economics Scholarships
UW-Whitewater Economics majors are invited to apply for the Department of Economics scholarships. Multiple scholarships are available and the Department typically awards several per year. The 2018-19 deadline for applications was Monday, October 22, 2018.
In order to be eligible for consideration, you:
- Should be a declared major in Economics by the time of your application.
- Must have completed Economics 201 and Economics 202, and additionally have at least two more Economics courses either completed, in progress, or some combination thereof. One of the scholarships requires the recipient to have attained junior status by the time the award is made (the end of the fall semester of application). Junior status is not necessary for the other scholarships.
- Must meet other minimum requirements. Minimum requirements vary by the scholarship.
- The Hellie Scholarship has no specified minimum requirements.
- The Laurent Scholarship has a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- The Dominguez Scholarship has a minimum GPA of 3.3, junior status at the end of the fall semester, and favors students with interests in International Economics studies.
- Must complete the Department's Application for Scholarship.
The Scholarship Committee may award Economics Department Scholarships at its discretion. All scholarships are awarded competitively.
The precise amounts of awards vary by year, but the minimum award for named scholarships is $500.
A link to the application form can be found below. Completed applications should be emailed to the Economics Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with "SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION" in the email subject line. Applications should be attached as a Word document.