Kwangseog (Kwan) Ahn, Sc.D., CIH
Dr. Ahn has extensive experience in teaching, research and services in occupational and environmental hygiene and environmental sciences. Before he came to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, he taught at the University of Michigan and Hunter College of The City University of New York. He also worked as an industrial hygienist at the Environment, Health and Safety Office of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and at the Department of Environment, Health and Safety of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Education:
- Sc.D. Industrial Hygiene, 2003, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- M.S.E.E. Industrial Hygiene, 1994, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.S.E. Environmental Engineering, 1987, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
- B.S.E. Urban Engineering, 1985, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
- SAFETY 255: Alcohol and Other Drugs
- SAFETY 489: Hazardous Materials Management
- SAFETY 492: Fieldwork Internship in Safety
- SAFETY 757: Principles of Occupational Epidemiology
- SAFETY 779: Advanced Topics in Industrial Hygiene
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Ventilation applications in laboratory and industrial environments
- Health and safety in extreme work environments (confined spaces, heat stress)
- Exposure assessment methods and controls for airborne hazards
- Member of American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Member of American Industrial Hygiene Association-Wisconsin Local Section
- K. Ahn, M.J. Ellenbecker, S.R. Woskie, and L.J. DiBerardinis, “Effects of Work Practices and Upper Body Movement on the Performance of a Laboratory Fume hood,” Journal of Chemical Health and Safety , Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 2-9 (2016).
- K. Ahn, M.J. Ellenbecker, S.R. Woskie, and L.J. DiBerardinis, “A New Quantitative Method for Testing Performance of In-Use Laboratory Chemical Fume Hoods,” Journal of Chemical Health and Safety, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 32-47 (2016).
- S. Dahal, T. Kim, and K. Ahn, “Indirect Prediction of Welding Fume Diffusion inside a Room Using Computational Fluid Dynamics,” Atmosphere, Vol. 7, No. 6, 86; doi:10.3390/atmos7070086 (2016).
- D. Bello, B.L. Wardle, N. Yamamoto, R.G. deVilloria, E. Garcia, A.J. Hart, K. Ahn, M.J, Ellenbecker, and M. Hallock, “Exposure to Nanoscale Particles and Fibers during Machining of Hybrid Advanced Composites Containing Carbon Nanotubes,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2009 pp. 231-249 (2009).
- K. Ahn, S. Woskie, L.J. DiBerardinis and M.J. Ellenbecker, “A Review of Published Quantitative Experimental Studies on Factors Affecting Laboratory Fume Hood Performance,” Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, Vol. 5, No. 11, pp.735-753 (2008).