Office location: Timothy J Hyland 3500
Phone: (262) 472-5428
Department(s): Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health
I continue to teach several sections of a Hybrid Alcohol and Other Drugs course at UWW. I have a Master's degree in Counseling and I am a licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC), a Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker through the State of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing. I also work for HP Enterprise Services as a Utilization Review Specialist. This involves adjudicating requests for Substance Abuse treatment and Mental Health Services for members of the Wisconsin Medicaid Program (aka BadgerCare).
I am married and my wife and I have four great cats and a horse. I love riding my bike on the great trails in and around Madison and the great state of Wisconsin. It continues to be a great honor for me to be involved in teaching and interacting with students on this campus and being part of The Department of Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health. It is all about teaching people how to live well and safely in work and in play.
- M.S. Counseling and Guidance from UW-Whitewater
- B.S. Psychology from UW-Madison
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor at the highest level (level 3)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Professional Counselor through the State Department of Regulations and Licensing
I am continuing to keep track of student's drinking behaviors and using class room interventions to decrease risk in students high risk behavior with drinking. I have been working on establishing trends in drinking behavior on UWW campus since 1998. I hope to establish significant reductions in drinking from beginning to end of class period by using a research based personal risk assessment. So far the results are encouraging.
- ACA (American Counseling Association)
- NASW (National Association of Social workers)
- C.G. Jung Institute of Chicago