Dear University of Wisconsin – Whitewater Economics Majors (and Minors),
This notice serves to invite applications for the Department of Economics scholarships. Multiple scholarships are available, and typically the Department awards several scholarships per year. The deadline for applications is Monday, November 16, 2015. Supporting materials (e.g. Letters of Reference) may be sent by November 16, 2015.
In order to be eligible for consideration, you:
- Should be a declared major in Economics by the time of your application. Strong applications from Economics minors may also be considered for some scholarships not exclusive to majors.
- Must have completed Economics 201 and Economics 202, and additionally have at least two more Economics courses either completed, in progress, or some combination thereof. One of the scholarships requires the recipient to have attained junior status by the time the award is made (the end of the fall semester of application). For the other scholarships, junior status is not necessary.
- Must meet other minimum requirements. Minimum requirements vary by the scholarship.
- The Hellie Scholarship has no specified minimum requirements.
- The Laurent Scholarship has a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- The Dominguez Scholarship has a minimum GPA of 3.3, junior status at the end of the fall semester, and favors students with interests in International Economics studies.
- Must complete the Department's Application for Scholarship.
The Scholarship Committee at its discretion may award Economics Department Scholarships. All scholarships are awarded competitively.
The precise amounts of awards vary by year, but for named scholarships the minimum award is $500.
The application form can be found below this announcement. Completed applications can be emailed to the Economics Department at email@example.com. Emailed applications should be attached as a Word document with “SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION” in the subject line. Hardcopy application forms are also available in the Economics Department Main Office (Hyland 4304) and should be returned there when completed.
Please click on the link below to download the application form.