ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF FIELD EXPERIENCES
1. Provides the leadership in developing and maintaining appropriate field experience programs and in preparing and distributing information about them.
2. Maintains liaison with public and private schools and makes all contacts with administrative personnel in:
a. Matters of placement of student teachers for field experiences.
b. Maintaining approved lists of personnel in cooperating schools.
c. Finalizing all field experience placements.
d. Mediating problem situations as appropriate.
3. Represents University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in its relationship with other institutions, professional associations and groups, and accrediting agencies.
4. Meets with teachers and administrators to describe field experience programs, to answer questions, to address concerns, and to solicit recommendations for program improvement.
5. Collects data regularly from students teachers, cooperating teachers, principals, district administrators, and center directors for the purpose of program improvement.