Deborah C. Bowen
|Office||Hyland Hall 3508|
Ms. Bowen came to the UW-W campus as an undergraduate in 1972. She worked in the field of safety as a loss control representative, before being offered the position of Lecturer in the Safety Studies Department in 1983. Ms. Bowen continues to hold the position of Lecturer in what is now known as the Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health Department.
During her long stay on the UW-W campus, Ms. Bowen's service has not been, nor is not only to the OESH Department, but the UW-Whitewater campus, and the UW-System. She is a long-standing member of the Academic Staff Assembly, and is the advisor to Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. She has been recognized for her service by receiving a UW-System Award "For her outstanding contributions to the UW System and Women of Color."
Ms. Bowen's outside interest include writing free-verse poetry to help her relax, release, and refresh.
- BS Occupational Safety (University of Wisconsin-Whitewater)
- MS Occupational Safety (University of Wisconsin-Whitewater)
- OSHA Outreach Instructor (30-hr. General Industry)
- Member: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Member: National Safety Management Society (NSMS)
- Member: Academic Staff Assembly (UW-W).