David L. Nordstrom
||Hyland Hall 3503
Outside interests include family, fiction and nonfiction, film, soccer, biking, walking, foreign languages, and foreign travel.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Injury Epidemiology, 2000, University of Iowa - College of Public Health
- Ph.D. Epidemiology, 1996, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.S. Chronic Disease Epidemiology, 1983, Yale University School of Epidemiology and Public Health
- M.P.H. 1972, University of Hawaii School of Public Health
- B.A. Political Science, 1970, Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Certificate in Population Studies, 1972, East-West Population Institute, Centere for Cultural and Technical Interchange between East and West, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Research methods
- Injury prevention
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Writing, editing, and publishing
- Public health
- Cross-national and cross-cultural work
- Member of University Audit and Review Committee, UW-Whitewater
- Member of University Academic Development Committee, UW-Whitewater
- Member of Faculty Development and Recognition Committee, College of Education and Professional Studies, UW-Whitewater
- Fulbright Scholar
- Fulbright Specialist Program Candidate
Member of American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Member of American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Member of Returned Peace Corp Volunteers (RPCV)
- Designing and conducting research on health and safety.
- Directing public health services.
- Writing and reviewing research grant applications.
- Writing and reviewing journal manuscripts.
- Teaching epidemiology and public health.
- Collaborating across cultures, nations, and languages.
- Naidoo S, Taylor M, Esterhuizen TM, Nordstrom DL, Mohamed O, Knight SE, Jinabhai CC. Changes in healthcare workers' knowledge about tuberculosis following a tuberculosis training programme. Educ Health 2011:24(2):1-6.
- Adam P, Brandenburg DL, Lindstrom Bremer K, Nordstrom DL. Effects of team care of frequent attenders on patients and physicians. Fam Syst Health 2010;28(3):247-257.
- Yang J, Peek-Asa C, Jones MP, Nordstrom DL, Taylor C, Young TL, Zwerling C. Smoke alarms by type and battery life in rural households: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Prev Med 2008;35(1):20-4.
- Nordstrom DL. The professionalization of editing [book review]. Health Aff 2008; 27(3):890-91.
- Nordstrom DL. Ukraine set to act on high suicide burden. Inj Prev 2007;13(4):224-226.
- Nordstrom DL, Zwerling C, Stromquist AM, Burmeister LF, Merchant JA. Identification of risk factors for non-fatal child injury in a rural area: Keokuk County Rural Health Study. Inj Prev 2003;9(3):235-240.
- Malmstadt JR, Nordstrom DL, Christiansen AL, Rumm PD, Chudy NE, Remington PL. Progress in reducing per capita cigarette sales in Wisconsin, 1985-1999. Wis Med J 2001;100(3):49-53.
- Nordstrom DL, DeStefano F, Vierkant RA, Layde PM. Incidence of diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome in a general population. Epidemiology 1998; 9:342-345.
- Nordstrom DL, Vierkant RA, DeStefano F, Layde PM. Risk factors for carpal tunnel syndrome in a general population. Occup Environ Med 1997; 54:734-740.
- Layde PM, Nordstrom DL, Stueland D, Brand L, Olson KA. Machine-related occupational injuries in farm residents. Ann Epidemiol 1995; 5(6):419-426.
- Nordstrom DL, Layde PM, Olson KA, Stueland D, Brand L, Follen MA. The incidence of farmwork-related acute injury in a defined population. Am J Ind Med 1995; 28:551-564.
- Nordstrom DL, Remington PL, Layde PM. The utility of HMO data for the surveillance of chronic diseases. Am J Public Health 1994; 84(6):995-997.