Wisconsin Driver Education Certification
This program consists of six courses (18 credits). It is possible that previously taken equivalent courses may be substituted with department approval. These courses include:
- SAFETY 201: Personal and Public Safety
- SAFETY 255: Alcohol and Other Drugs
- SAFETY 260: Basic Traffic Safety**
- SAFETY 450: Behavioral Aspects of Accident Prevention
- SAFETY 461: Problems and Materials of Driver Education**
- SAFETY 464: Techniques of Laboratory Instruction
Interested persons should plan a program with the Department of Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health to facilitate completion of this certification. Contact the department office for more information.
The Department of Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health is interested in working with teachers to find courses and programs which they feel would be appropriate for continued certification. Please contact us indicating interest and location.
**Both of these courses will be taught via self-paced learning modules and students unable to complete their coursework during the summer session may continue their work throughout the Fall Semester.