Bachelor of Science in Occupational & Environmental
Safety & Health (OESH)
The Bachelor of Science in Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health (OESH) prepares students for fulfilling careers protecting the work force, the public, and the natural environment from harm. Our outstanding faculty engages students in a comprehensive curriculum with emphasis on critical knowledge that enables them to identify, analyze and develop solutions for a wide range of challenges. The program instills the importance of achieving and maintaining competency in the practice of the OESH profession to serve society with integrity.
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health (OESH) will be able to:
- Evaluate workplace and other environmental exposures
- Prescribe preventive and corrective actions
- Apply legal aspects of OESH practice
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Manage OESH programs
In addition to a general track students can select one of three emphases listed below.
Minor Programs (for non-majors only)
The following courses are offered online through the Department of Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health. Click a course for times when courses are offered.
- SAFETY 201: Personal and Public Safety (offered in Fall, Spring, and Summer)
- SAFETY 255: Alcohol & Other Drugs (offered in Spring and Fall)
- SAFETY 383: Introduction to Security (only offered in Spring)
- SAFETY 450: Behavioral Aspects of Accident Prevention (offered in Fall and Summer)