Online Transition Certificate Program
The Online Transition Certificate program provides professional development and continuing education for persons working in fields related to education, independent living, and employment for adolescents and young adults with disabilities.
The 15 credit graduate specialist certificate is
- Designed to prepare professionals with bachelor’s degrees in Education or related fields to facilitate successful school-to-work transition planning for individuals with disabilities.
- Coursework is completely online.
- All credits in the transition specialist certificate can also count toward the professional development MSE.
- UW-Whitewater’s special education program has the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Specialty Program approval.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2.75 undergraduate GPA
- SPECED 406 - Career-Vocational Programming* (3 Cr.)
*unless course or its equivalent was taken as an undergrad
- SPECED 781 - Transition Planning & Programming (3 Cr.)
- SPECED 706 - Transition Assessment (3 Cr.)
- SPECED 703 - Collaborative Leadership (3 Cr.)
- SPECED 702 - Reflective Practice and Action Research (3 Cr.)
- SPECED 704 - Applied Action Research (3 Cr.)