- College of Education & Professional Studies
We are excited that you are interested in transferring to UW-Whitewater for a program in the College of Education and Professional Studies! We understand that transferring is a big decision, and we want to make that decision easier by assisting you with any questions you may have about our programs. We encourage prospective transfer students for our programs to contact the Advising Coordinator in the College of Education and Professional Studies prior to transferring.
All transfer students must attend Plan-It Purple, UW-Whitewater's Orientation/Advising/Registration program. At this program, you will meet with representatives from the College of Education and Professional Studies, including an academic advisor. You will also select and register in courses for your upcoming semester. This is an important and informative program to start your success at UW-Whitewater.
Before Plan-It Purple
Visit our campus!
- Take a tour and schedule appointments with Admissions and COEPS representatives
- You may schedule your visit here
- Applications for admission to the University may be submitted at: https://apply.wisconsin.edu
- We recommend that students apply 6 months in advance:
- September for Spring-start
- January for Fall-start
Apply for Financial Aid
Meet requirements for Admission to Professional Education
- This applies only to students who seek a teaching license program
- Combined cumulative GPA requirement
- Pass 2 out of 3 parts of PPST (Praxis I) and/or CORE, OR meet Wisconsin passing scores on all parts of the ACT, SAT, or GRE prior to Transfer PIP
Consider taking the Transfer Student Seminar your first semester at UW-W
After Plan-It Purple
- Contact the Advising Coordinator to discuss PI-34 substitutions or evaluating coursework that transferred as 999 electives
- Students must take and pass PPST and/or CORE (or other tests above) in order to qualify to enroll in Foundations Block courses and apply for Admission to Professional Education
- Take advantage of the Academic Support Center/Tutoring Center
- Praxis CORE tutoring offered
- Submit final official transcript to UW-W Admissions with final grades and/or Associate's degree posted
TRANSFERmation and First Year Experience support
Center for Global Education
Over 200 student organizations
University Honors Program
Scholarships. Scholarships are awarded for the fall semester (for the academic year). Your application for admission to the university will be used for scholarship consideration. There is no separate scholarship application. Students must be admitted by February 1st to be considered. Currently enrolled UW-Whitewater students apply online for scholarships.
Employment on campus
- Hawkjobs is where current employment opportunities (including work study) are posted
Future Teacher Program and Minority Teacher Program
For more information about specific student resources, visit our website: http://www.uww.edu/students.
College of Education and Professional Studies
UW-Whitewater Admissions Office