- College of Education & Professional Studies
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Graduate Programs
Business and Marketing Education
Business and Marketing Education
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s Master of Science in Business and Marketing Education Program prepares individuals seeking to advance their teaching and learning in either K-12 or post-secondary settings. This program offers a high quality, practitioner-oriented approach that is committed to developing highly-qualified and effective teachers. Three emphases are available:
- General – designed for individuals who hold a business and/or marketing license seeking to further advance teaching preparation.
- Secondary – designed for individuals who hold an undergraduate degree and are seeking K-12 Wisconsin licensure in business education. The Secondary emphasis also offers licensure in marketing.
- Post-Secondary-designed for individuals who are preparing for teaching opportunities at the post-secondary level or are currently teaching at the post-secondary level and are pursuing course work to meet the Wisconsin Technical College System Competencies and Performance Standards.
*The general and post-secondary emphases require the basic graduate program application, along with approval of the Business Education and Marketing Education Program Coordinator.
*The secondary emphasis requires admission to both the school of Graduate Studies and to Professional Education (click here to read more), as well as approval from the Business Education and Marketing Education Program Coordinator.
Specialized courses and field experiences specifically prepare individuals for the challenging but rewarding career of teaching. Each emphasis requires a total of 36 graduate credits at which 50% of credits must be at the 700 level or above. The Secondary emphasis requires additional undergraduate course work to meet the licensure content requirements. Students who complete this program have extensive knowledge of pedagogy, a solid foundation of applying theory to teaching, and the ability to serve as instructional leaders in the educational setting.
Welcome to the Master of Science in Business and Marketing Education Program at UW-Whitewater. Our goal is to offer a high quality, practitioner-oriented program that is committed to developing highly-qualified and effective teachers in business and marketing education and advancing the teaching and learning of current practicing business and marketing teachers. Our program faculty are passionate about preparing educators for success through a variety of components that make this program unique. We invite you to view the profiles of our faculty members who are a dynamic group of scholar-practitioners with extensive experience as business and marketing classroom teachers and higher education leaders. The Master of Science in Business and Marketing Education Program supports the development of professionals who are lifelong learners, creators of knowledge, and leaders of character and integrity. We look forward to your application and working with you to achieve your academic goals.
Dr. Karla Saeger
Assistant Professor of Business and Marketing Education
College of Education and Professional Studies