- College of Education & Professional Studies
- College of Education & Professional Studies Faculty and Staff Resources
- COEPS Curriculum Committee
- COEPS Curriculm Committee Agenda and Minutes
September 12, 2013
September 12, 2013
||College of Education and Professional Studies Curriculum Committee
||Katy Heyning, Chair
||Agenda Items for September 12, 2013, 8:00 a.m. Winther Hall 1013
||September 5, 2013
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of the minutes from May 14, 2013
- Curricular/Action Items:
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
New Course, ELEMMID421/621, Middle Level Math Methods
New Course, ELEMMID472/672, Middle Level STEM Methods applying Modeling Inquiry & Design
Pre-requisite change, EDFNDPRC210, Introduction to Education and Teaching
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND212, Educational Psychology
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND214, Portfolio Development I
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND222, Child Development
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND243, Foundations of Education in a Pluralistic Society
Change in submajor, BS, Occupational Safety, Construction Safety Emphasis, Occupational Safety-Occupational Ergonomics Emphasis, Occupational Safety - Environmental Management Emphasis
Change in submajor, BS, Occupational Safety - Environmental Management
- Information Items:
- It is strongly encouraged that the sponsor of a proposal follow their proposal through the College Curriculum Committee and the University Curriculum Committee until it has been passed. The sponsor is in the best position to respond to questions concerning their proposal and in expediting the approval process
- New Business: COEPS Workshop Quality Review Form
COEPS Curriculum Proposal Review Process - Fall 2013
- Old Business:
SPECIAL COURSES RECEIVED
Workshop790, LIBMEDIA, Video Games and Learning, term to be offered Fall 2013, submitted 4/15/13.
Workshop490/690, CIGENRL, Middle Level STEM Methods, term to be offered Fall 2013, submitted 6/7/13.
Workshop790, CIGENRL, Digital Learning, term to be offered Summer 2013, submitted 6/25/13.
Workshop790, LIBMEDIA, Technology Integration K-12, term to be offered Fall 2013, submitted 7/9/13.
Workshop490/690, CIGENRL, Topics in Arts Integration, term to be offered Spring 2014, submitted 7/31/13.
Workshop490, EDUINDP, PPST Math, term to be offered Fall 2013, submitted 8/14/13.
Workshop490, EDUINDP, PPST Reading, term to be offered Fall 2013, submitted 8/14/13.
Workshop490, EDUINDP, PPST Writing, term to be offered Fall 2013, submitted 8/14/13.
Special Study 796, RECREATN, Organization and Administration of Recreation and Sport, term offered Spring 2014, submitted 9/3/13.
Special Study 496/696, HEALTHED, Community & Public Health, term offered Spring 2014, submitted 9/3/13.
Workshop490/690, LIBMEDIA/LSINDP490, Video Games: Serious Learning, term offered Spring 2014, submitted 9/3/13.