- College of Education & Professional Studies
- College of Education & Professional Studies Faculty and Staff Resources
- COEPS Curriculum Committee
- COEPS Curriculm Committee Agenda and Minutes
Minutes November 10, 2016
Minutes November 10, 2016
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
MINUTES OF THE NOVEMBER 10, 2016 MEETING
- Roll: Present: Rowand Robinson, Chair; John Zbikowski; Penny Portman; Brenda O'Beirne; Lynn Gilbertson; Brooke Winchell. Guest: Carmen Rivers. Absent: Tracy Arneson-Baker and Jillian Smith.
- Approval of the Agenda: On aPortman/Winchell motion, the agenda was approved.
- Approval of the minutes from October 13, 2016: On a Gilbertson/Winchell motion, the minutes of the October 13, 2016 meeting were approved as written
- Curricular/Action Items
- CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
New Program Proposal: Early Child Care and Education
On a Zbikowski/O'Beirne motion, the above proposal was accepted with the following revisions. Revised the document to ensure flow of ideas. Corrected the number of hours to reflect 70 credits in the major.
New Course Proposal: EARLYCHD 300: Early Child Care and Education - Credential Course
New Course Proposal: EARLYCHD 318: ECCEField Placement and Reflective Seminar
New Course Proposal: EARLYCHD 319: ECCE Leadership Internship and Reflective Seminar
On a O'Beirne/Zibowski motion, the above 3 course proposals were accepted with the following revisions. for EARLYCHD 300, had to correct the number of meeting hours to reflect the appropriate amount. For EARLYCHD 318 AND 319, updated the prerequisites to reflect Department Permission. For EARLYCHD 318, corrected the direct hours to reflect 350 and reworded the course catalog description for both. Some of the material was moved to the Learning Outcomes and Objectives section in both courses.
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION AND COACHING
- New Program Proposal: EC-A Health Education Certification Program
New Course Proposal: HEALTHED 250: Introduction to Health Education
On a Zbikowski/Winchell motion, the above two proposals were accepted.
Program Change Request: ADPTPECERT: Adapted Physical Education Certificate
- Program Change Request: EDBSEPE PEK12: Physical education EC-A License Emphase (BSE)
- On a Portman/Zbikowski motion, the above two proposals were accepted.
- Program Deactivation Proposal:TLHEALTH: Health Education Certificate
- On a Winchell/Portman motion, it was suggested that a program modification be submitted rather than a deactivation proposal. It was the consensus of the committee to accept this suggestion.
- Information Items: None
- New Business: Credit issue with PEPROF173 - discussion was held on the difference between the 1 credit course and the current 3 credit course. The committee opted to suggest that a student (very few are affected) should get credit for all 4 units because the change was not initiated by the student and may affect the 120 credit requirement. Most have more than 120 credits, so not an issue for many.
- Old Business: None
On a Portman/Zbikowski motion, the meeting adjourned at 9:30 a.m.