- College of Education & Professional Studies
- College of Education & Professional Studies Faculty and Staff Resources
- COEPS Curriculum Committee
- COEPS Curriculm Committee Agenda and Minutes
Minutes September 12, 2013
Minutes September 12, 2013
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
UNDERGRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
SEPTEMBER 12, 2013
- Roll: Present: Dr. Katy Heyning, Chair; Captain Troy Yard (representing Military Science and Aerospace Studies; Dr. Jennifer Petersen; Dr. Todd Loushine; Dr. John Zbikowski; Dr. Brooke Winchell; Dr. Penny Portman; Tracy Arneson-Baker and Jillian Smith. Absent: Dr. Scott Bradley. Guests: Dr. Virginia Pease and Dr. Wade Tillett.
- Approval of Agenda
On a Dr. John Zbikowski/Dr. Penny Portman, the agenda was approved as written.
- Approval of the minutes from May 14, 2013
The minutes of the May 14 were approved by concensus.
- Curricular/Action Items:
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
New Course, ELEMMID421/621, Middle Level Math Methods
New Course, ELEMMID472/672, Middle Level STEM Methods applying Modeling Inquiry & Design
On Dr. John Zbikowski/Dr. Penny Portman motion, the above proposals were accepted with significant editorial changes.
Pre-requisite change, EDFNDPRC210, Introduction to Education and Teaching
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND212, Educational Psychology
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND214, Portfolio Development I
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND222, Child Development
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND243, Foundations of Education in a Pluralistic Society
On a Dr. Brooke Winchell/Dr. Penny Portman motion, the above proposals were accepted with minor editorial changes.
Change in submajor, BS, Occupational Safety, Construction Safety Emphasis, Occupational Safety-Occupational Ergonomics Emphasis, Occupational Safety - Environmental Management Emphasis
Change in submajor, BS, Occupational Safety - Environmental Management
On a Dr. John Zbikowski/Dr. Penny Portman motion, the above proposals were accepted.
- It is strongly encouraged that the sponsor of a proposal follow their proposal through the College Curriculum Committee and the University Curriculum Committee until it has been passed. The sponsor is in the best position to respond to questions concerning their proposal and in expediting the approval process.
- New Business:
COEPS Workshop Quality Review Form
Dean Heyning explained the above form to the committee and asked that members of the committee share this information with colleagues. This form will be uploaded to the Curriculum Committee website and Linda will forward the form to the chair of each department and all members of the curriculum committee.
COEPS Curriculum Proposal Review Process - Fall 2013
Dean Heyning explained the Curriculum Proposal Review Process form to the committee.
Dr. Jennifer Peterson will be the third representative on the COEPS University Curriculum Committee in addition to Dr. Todd Loushine and Dr. Scott Bradley.
- Old Business: None
On a Dr. Brooke Winchell/Dr. John Zbikowski motion, the meeting adjourned at 9:10 a.m.