- College of Education & Professional Studies
- College of Education & Professional Studies Faculty and Staff Resources
- COEPS Graduate Programs Council
Minutes of November 20, 2012
Minutes of November 20, 2012
GRADUATE PROGRAMS COUNCIL
CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
NOVEMBER 20, 2012
- Roll: Present: Ellie Dickmann, Chair; Shannon Stuart; Tia Schultz; Sang Choi; Scott Peters; Jennifer Petersen; Kelly Witte; John Zbikowski; Jeff Cook; Scott Bradley and Sarah Eberhard (student representative). Guests: Glenn Steffen and Adam Cummings (student representatives).
- Approval of Agenda: On a Witte/Zbikowski motion, the agenda was accepted.
- Approval of the minutes from October 16, 2012: On a Zbikowski/Bradley motion, the minutes from October 16, 2012 were accepted as written.Introductions of student representatives and introductions of faculty
- Curricular/Action Items
Pre-requisite change, EDFOUND678, Adolescent Development. (Form#4R)
On a Bradley/Witte motion, the above proposal was accepted.
Change in Major, Course Deletion, MSE, SPECED626,Introduction to Individualized Diagnostic Assessment of EEN, (Form#2)
Course Deletion, SPECED626, Introduction to Individualized Diagnostic Assessment of EEN, (Form#4R)
On a Stuart/Cook motion, the above proposals were accepted.
Certificate Program, Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
Certificate Program, Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (Form#1)
New Course, SPECED709, Advanced Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, (Form#3)
New Course, SPECED710, Advanced Applications in Applied Behavior Analysis, (Form#3)
Change in Major, MSE in Special Education - Professional Development Emphasis, (Form#2)
Course Revision, SPECED701, Advanced Methodology and Practice in Special Education, (Form#4A)
On a Bradley/Witte motion, the above proposals were accepted with minor editorial changes.
- Information Items
- John Zbikowski shared that the Business Education program is moving from the College of Business and Economics to the College of Education and Professional Studies in Fall 2013.
- Ellie Dickmann shared the Employment & Continuing Education Percentage Report. During the next meeting, we will look at this in more detail perhaps with John Stone.
- Discussion Items:
- Overview of Graduate Programs by Department - Kelly Witte and Jeff Cook will share from their programs at the next meeting.
- Flow Chart for GPC Process - Linda Kinson updated the flow chart so we can see how this committee fits with the others in the COEPS.
- Review of Monthly Graduate Program Statistics (Other COEPS Statistics).
- Graduate Student Handbook (COEPS) - Ellie Dickmann led a discussion centered on the need for a handbook for our COEPS graduate students. The graduate students agreed to draft the handbook and take the lead.
- Discussion of offerings in different departments - Ellie Dickmann suggested we discuss this in December. Scott and Shannon will report back to the committee.
- New Graduate Program Options - Ellie Dickmann shared that we have a pool of departments across campus that are willing to collaborate on the School/Community Safety Certificate. Larry Neuman, Criminal Justice, is co-leading this certificate development process with Ellie.
- Scott Peters shared an assessment certificate idea.
- Next meeting agenda items.-.Ellie will invite John Stone.
On a Zbikowski/Sang motion, the meeting adjourned at 9:30 a.m.