ACE (American Council on Exercise)
Group Fitness Certification Prep Course
This course is designed to give students the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification Exam and become effective group fitness instructors.
Adobe Reader PDF
Your online registration and payment are always safe and secure
February 16th – April 19th 2012
Thursday Evenings 5:30p – 7:30p (Williams Center Classroom 183A)
RSVP by February 2, 2012
$225 (includes all materials from ACE)
$130 (if you already have the materials)
- Human Anatomy
- Exercise Physiology, Applied Kinesiology, and Nutrition
- Who Is the ACE-certified Group Fitness Instructor?
- Principles of Pre-class Preparation and Participant Monitoring and Evaluation
- Group Exercise Program Design
- Teaching a Group Exercise Class
- Principles of Adherence and Motivation
- Exercise and Special Populations
- Exercise and Pregnancy
- The Prevention and Management of Common Injuries
- Emergency Procedures
- The Business of Group Fitness
- Legal and Professional Responsibilities
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is committed to equal opportunity in its educational programs, activities and employment policies, for all persons, regardless of race, color, gender, creed, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, Vietnam-era veteran status, parental status and pregnancy.
If you have any disabling condition that requires special accommodations or attention, please advise us well in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your special needs.
I understand that the University may take photographs and or videos of event participants and activities. I agree that the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater shall be the owner of and may use such photographs and or videos relating to the promotion of future events. I relinquish all rights that I may claim in relation to use of said photographs and/or videos.