Teaching Elementary Keyboarding Workshop
Professional Development Opportunity
for Teachers Teaching Elementary Keyboarding
When: June 24 - 25, 2013 or July 15 - 16, 2013
Where: Winther 1006, UW-Whitewater
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
UW-Whitewater will be offering this summer a non-credit, two-day workshop for teachers, media specialists, or other educators who are or will be teaching elementary keyboarding. This workshop will focus on:
- Issues regarding elementary keyboarding;
- Research on elementary keyboarding;
- Standards pertaining to keyboarding;
- Methodology in teaching keyboarding;
- Lesson Planning in teaching keyboarding;
- Development of speed and accuracy;
- Integrating keyboarding in academic areas;
- Handling individual needs;
- Assessment of student learning;
- Computer hardware and software in teaching keyboarding.
The “Teaching Elementary Keyboarding” workshop, CIGENRL 498/798, meets at UW-Whitewater on June 24th through the 25th and July 15th through the 16th of 2013, from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. in the College of Education, Winther 1006.
For more information and registration materials, contact Dr. Harriet D. Rogers at email@example.com.