Student ID Number
Your student ID number is the 7 digit number needed to identify you at UW-Whitewater or when contacting any department at UW-Whitewater. It will appear on your admission letter and on your student ID card.
Your Net-ID number is needed in order to access UW-Whitewater campus computers, D2l, and electronic resources through the University library. You can access your net-id through your admission letter to UW-Whitewater or under the university directory, go to http://wp.uww.edu/ and search with your name. Under the directory, your net-id are the combination of letters and numbers before “@uww.edu”.
As a PIE student you are issued a free email account for all university email communications. This email can be accessed at the top right corner of the UW-Whitewater homepage. Please read your emails in a timely manner.
1. First time logging into your UWW email:
- a. Obtain your student ID number and Net-ID from your UW-Whitewater admission letter
- b. Go to http://password.uww.edu
- c. Click on “login”; fill in your Net-ID as your username and 7 digit ID number as your initial password, click the “login” button
- d. Under the “change password” page, enter your old password as the 7 digit ID number and create a new personalized password.
- e. Go to http://www.uww.edu, click on email at the top right corner, and login.
Misplaced Login Information
If you have misplaced your login information or have forgotten your password, please follow the directions below.
Make sure you are using your Net-ID - Typically as follows:
Student: First eight letters of your last name, followed by your first initial, middle initial, and two-digit day of birth.
Your password is case sensitive, so please ensure that the "Caps Lock" is not enabled when you are entering your password.
NOTE: If your password will not work after several attempts, please go to password.uww.edu and click "forgot your password?" to create a new password, if you have previously setup your challenge questions.
If you need further assistance please contact the Technology Support Center Helpdesk at (262) 472-4357 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.