Transportation Services Dispatcher
Transportation Dispatchers function as the communications link between departmental vehicles, the office, drivers, and riders. They are required to communicate effectively through e-mail, voice mail, TDD/TRS, two-way radio, telephone, and other office equipment. Dispatchers organize, schedule, and manage the vehicle schedules and driver run sheets. They are responsible for problem-solving with riders and reinforcing Transportation Services policies.
Transportation Service Dispatchers are responsible for:
- Carrying out duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator
- Appropriate handling of confidential information
- Learning all on and off-campus pick-up points in order to schedule rides in an efficient sequence
- Being able to work without close supervision
- Communicating professionally with riders, staff, and community members
- Being available to work some weekends, evenings, and emergency coverage
If you are interested in applying for a position as a Transportation Services Dispatcher, print and complete an application for employment and return it to the Center for Students with Disabilities, 1006 Roseman Building.