Assistive Technology/Adaptive Computer Lab
The CSD Adaptive Computer Lab is available to all UW-Whitewater students with priority in access given to students with disabilities. The centrally located lab features adjustable workstations and offers a variety of computers and software in a networked environment. It provides full Internet, wireless access, campus network access, printers and assistive technology software programs.
Available Equipment/Software in the Lab
- Adjustable and networked computer stations, PC and Macintosh platforms
- Software applications such as Microsoft Office and graphics programs
- Laser and color printing
- Braille printing
- Specialized keyboards including on-screen keyboards and Intellikeys
- Screen reading software - JAWS, Home Page Reader, etc.
- Voice recognition software - Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Screen enlargement software - ZoomText
- Scan and read software - Kurzweil
The lab is staffed during the day and early evenings with knowledgeable lab monitors to assist students to access the lab equipment and answer questions.