How Accommodation Requests are Reviewed
In reviewing and determining an accommodation request, the following steps are considered:
- Has the student applied for services?
- Does the student have a documented disability?
- Is the student "otherwise qualified"?
- Did the student request accommodation?
- Was the request submitted in a timely manner and did it follow university policies for making the request?
- Does the accommodation being requested fundamentally alter the nature of the program, class or activity by being provided?
- Does the accommodation present an undue financial or administrative burden on the university?
If the answer is "yes" to questions 1-5 and "no" to 6-7, then an accommodation should be provided. If the answer is "no" to any of the 1-5, then the accommodation may be denied.