Requesting Your Approved Services
Accommodations need to be requested each semester.
- Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes. If you have not registered, you will need to check to see if you have a hold on your registration. You can check for holds by logging into WINS.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with your key contact to discuss your upcoming semester schedule and accommodation needs for each course. You can call the front desk at 262-472-4711 or contact your key contact directly. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Meet with your key contact to complete and sign your "Request for Services". Come to your appointment prepared to discuss the requirements of each class and the accommodations you believe you will need in order to be successful. Class descriptions can be found in the course catalogue or on WINS.
- An accommodation form will be given to you for each class in which you are approved for accommodations. It is your responsibility to communicate your accommodations needs with your instructor by giving them the accommodation form.
- If you are approved for services that require additional training or notification, please see the links below:
- Alternative Testing
- Alternative Media/E-Text Media
- In-Class Aids
- Project ASSIST
- Residence Hall Modifications/Accommodations
If you are approved for text conversion you must contact the alternative media department to request the text books that you need scanned. You will need to provide a copy of your upcoming semester schedule and course syllabus for each class. Requests need to be made six weeks prior to the start of the semester. If you need training on how to access/utilize alternative media software please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.