Inclusive Excellence: UW-Whitewater
To achieve excellence, we must be inclusive. To be inclusive, we must be equitable.
The purpose of the Chancellor's Committee on Inclusive Excellence is to identify and engage with campus-wide efforts focusing on Inclusive Excellence, to advocate for diversity in all forms, to act as a source of education and programming for these issues, and to make recommendations to the Chancellor for resolving problems and/or concerns that are brought to the attention of the committee.
Our Mission at UW-Whitewater
We desire a reputation as an institution that truly values and nurtures diverse intellectual, cultural, creative and service opportunities. To accomplish that, we must:
- Promote our image as a diverse, respected and empowering institution of higher learning.
- Attract and support students from all parts of the region, nation and world, sustaining optimum enrollment, retention and graduation rates for all student populations.
- Create and maintain programs for intercultural or international study, research and service in every department.
- Develop, attract and retain a diverse faculty and staff.
- Inclusive Excellence Assessment Guidelines [PDF]
- Start Talking: A Handbook for Engaging Difficult Dialogues in Higher Education
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an electronic copy
- Inclusive Excellence Status Report 2010 [PDF]
- Inclusive Excellence FAQ [PDF]
- Equity Scorecard 2009 [PDF]
- Inclusive Excellence Minutes 11-11-13 [PDF]
- Inclusive Excellence Agenda 12-09-13 [PDF]