Web Applications & Front End Developer- iCIT- 13273 DEADLINE EXTENDED
The Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology Department seeks a Web Applications & Front End Developer.
This position performs advanced professional information system tasks, under general supervision of the Web Coordinator. Duties include: system analysis and design functions and advanced programming tasks, as well as consulting with, assisting, and instructing functional users in the use of Information System applications and tools.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience programming with object-oriented techniques using C#/ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC for web application development.
- Experience using CSS and table-less HTML to create web pages and template from graphic designs.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience using current versions of Visual Studio.
- Experience designing relational database tables, views, and relationships, writing complex SQL queries, and developing against SQL Server database.
- Knowledge of web development design concepts.
- Knowledge of browser behaviors including Internet Explorer, Firefox and other emerging web browsers for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Effective oral, listening, and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments by due dates.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES: 35% A. Develop system analysis and design specifications for new computing applications, customizations of existing systems, or interface in accordance with department standards and guidelines
- Experience with implementing Web Accessibility standards.
- Experience documenting user requirements with use case diagrams.
- Experience implementing all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience working in Ingeniux
35% B. Website Development, Infrastructure Administration, Configuration and Coding
- Identify potential problems with application software and take appropriate preventive action.
- Work with users to define needed systems, customizations, or interfaces to perform required business functions.
- Develop use case, page layout, page flow, and database models based on project specifications.
- Consult with functional area experts to study business problems and define business process requirements.
- Assist customers and technical support staff in resolving problems with client-server and web-based applications.
- Review designs with other Instructional, Communication and Information Technology (iCIT) units.
- Plan and execute the installation, testing, and production of new and upgraded application software. Work with users, network operations and vendors to minimize disruption caused by installations.
- Participate in specification reviews or walk-throughs to assure satisfaction of program requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
20% C. User and production support and maintenance
- Use responsive design techniques to ensure content adapts appropriately to mobile devices and browsers
- Understand and apply browser specific compatibility issues and Web accessibility requirements
- Manage, configure, update, and maintain the Web CMS and other enterprise web systems, in coordination with other iCIT and external vendor teams
- Construct reusable page templates in the Web CMS using page components and standardized designs.
5% D. Project Planning and Management
- Manage user accounts and permissions for enterprise web systems and applications.
- Maintain existing applications as necessary to ensure data integrity, standards compliance and information relevance.
- Analyze software release notes/read me files to identify and communicate relevant features, bug fixes, and changes.
- Coordinate software upgrades or problem resolutions with functional users in departments, vendors, and other iCIT units.
- Provide documentation for customers on the use of iCIT-developed applications.
- Provide Tier 2 support to enterprise web systems users.
- Review log files to identify errors and anomalies, recommend solutions, and implement recommendations.
5% E. Participate in professional development programs.
- Follow Software Development best practices for assigned, projects, including the development for formal project plans, the identification and estimation of tasks, and the establishment of timelines.
- Communicate information and requests to project team members, management, and impacted parties in a timely manager using appropriate methods.
- Develop detailed implementation plans for the installation of web systems, in conjunction with other iCIT teams.
- Design and develop tests and testing procedures, document test criteria, and conduct tests according to plans, and document results.
- Instruct staff in information systems techniques and new methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Read articles to improve understanding of existing and new information technologies.
- Attend appropriate seminars, classes, training sessions, and workshops to increase technical knowledge and communication skills.
- Will be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is a regional comprehensive university with an enrollment of more than 12,000 students. UW-Whitewater has reached record enrollment four of the last five years and offers 50 majors in four colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 15 master's degree programs and recently added a Doctorate of Business Administration. UW-Whitewater students achieve excellence in the classroom and on the playing field. In the 2014-15 Academic Year, UW-Whitewater was the first university in NCAA history at any level to win national championships in football, basketball and baseball in a single year. The campus offers more than 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin. UW- Whitewater is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. - See more at: http://www.uww.edu/news ORGANIZATION INFORMATION:
UW-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System. Located in a community of 14,622 residents near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin, Whitewater is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago.SPECIAL NOTES:
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and all veterans.
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants for positions may indicate in writing that his or her identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statues 19.36 (7)(a).
The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
UW-Whitewater conducts criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
For UW-W Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.TO APPLY: Applications received by OCTOBER 1, 2017 are ensured full consideration
. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
This Job ID is 13273.
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs