Teaching, Learning, and Technology Consultant - iCIT - 13646
The Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (ICIT) Department of the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater is seeking a Teaching, Learning, and Technology Consultant.
What makes this a great position?
- Provides an opportunity for those who are passionate about teaching and want to work with others to cultivate their online and blended teaching skills.
- Lead exciting and innovative online and blended instructional development programming.
- Create communities of practice around learning technologies that aim to create solutions for key pedagogical challenges in the virtual and face-to-face classrooms.
- Become part of UWW’s culture of innovation and promote our campus as a champion of student success through the use of pedagogy and technology.
In this role, you will be a champion for pedagogically sound and effective use of technology for instruction through faculty training and development, instructional support, and administration of key services. Primary activities include leading campus-wide online and blended teaching faculty development efforts, supporting instructors in the pedagogically sound use of technology in their courses to increase student success, and administering the university’s online quality assurance program (currently Quality Matters). You will also be responsible for assisting with projects related to campus-wide initiatives that support teaching, learning, technology, and student success.
This position contributes to an environment of innovation and collaboration, and has a genuine interest in effectively communicating principles of effective instruction to instructors with a wide-range of technical skills. To better understand the needs of instructors and the campus as it relates to teaching, learning, and technology, you will be expected to teach a course or collaborate with another instructor to contribute to a course module every year.
A successful candidate must have effective communication (e.g., listening, written, oral) skills and have a passion for assisting instructors in creating rich, meaningful learning experiences for their students. This position is in the Learning Technology Center and reports directly to the Director of Learning Technology.
- Faculty Training and Development (40%)
- Instructional Support (25%)
- Administration (25%)
- Professional Development (5%)
- Other Responsibilities (5%)
- Master’s Degree
- Blended and/or Online Teaching experience at the college level
- Ability to convey course design principles to a diverse instructor audience
- Knowledge of educational assessment and evaluation methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree
- Experience with online and blended teaching professional development in higher education
- Experience consulting with instructors and/or programs on online/blended course design and learning technologies (e.g., learning management systems, student response systems, rich digital content, ePortfolios, etc.)
- Ability to work with a population that has a diverse technology skill set and create effective experiences (e.g., documentation, consultations, workshops, training programs, etc.) that serve all participants.
- Experience in applying Quality Matters online/blended course design principles
- Demonstrated passion for creating rich, meaningful learning experiences for students
For the full position description and to apply online, please go to UW-Whitewater External Applicants
. Complete applications received by December 14, 2017 are ensured full consideration. The Job ID is 13646.
Only complete application packages will be considered. A completed application package includes:
- A letter of interest addressing experience related to the position’s description and qualifications;
- A Curriculum Vitae or Resume;
- Names and full contact information for three professional references; and
- An artifact, such as a workshop plan/presentation, portfolio, or scholarly publication, that reflects significant position responsibilities and/or qualifications.
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs