Windows Services Platform Lead - EXTENDED DEADLINE - iCIT - 13683
The Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (ICIT) Department of the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater is seeking a Windows Services Platform Lead.
The Windows Services Platform Lead is responsible for architecting, engineering, supporting and managing all aspects of the UW-Whitewater Windows platform including strategy development and production support. The successful candidate will conduct an assessment of campus strategic needs and formulate technical solutions to meet the needs while taking into consideration technology trends and developments. This position works within the Network Operations Center (NOC) under the NOC manager and is the principal technical authority for the Windows server environments. The primary emphasis of this position is on the University’s enterprise environment including Active Directory, Exchange, ISS and MS SQL environment.
- Providing enterprise and departmental services for the University.
- Strategic needs and trend assessment
- Formulation of system requirements and design alternatives
- Platform architecture planning, design, installation, and maintenance
- Provide leadership to Windows System Administrators
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of the Windows server operating system. 5+ years of experience managing enterprise Windows platform, including software, systems, and applications
- Strong knowledge of and 3-5 years’ experience with Microsoft products such as Active Directory, Exchange, IIS and SQL.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Team Lead. Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a strong willingness to participate and help others
- Demonstrated ability to design, specify, install, manage, monitor, and maintain enterprise server infrastructure in a Windows environment
- 3-5 years’ experience with server automation programming and scripting languages such Windows batch, Windows PowerShell, VBScript, and Perl.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math or Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience working with enterprise infrastructure technologies in a lead technician role.
- Able to organize or schedule people or tasks, to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability
- Knowledge of best practices, standards and policies in operating and securing physical and virtual Windows servers.
- Familiarity with LDAP.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical standards, policies and procedures.
- Experience preparing detailed project plans and leading technical teams on complex projects.
- Experience and skills using systematic approach for troubleshooting, problem solving, and performance tuning hardware and operating systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience giving technical presentations or training.
For the full position description and to apply online, please go to UW-Whitewater External Applicants
. Complete applications received by March 28, 2018 are ensured full consideration. The Job ID is 13683.
Only complete application packages will be considered. A completed application package includes:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three Professional References
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs