Part-Time Assistant Gymnastics Coach - Intercollegiate Athletics - 13612 - EXTENDED DEADLINE
The Intercollegiate Athletics Department at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater seeks a part-time (40% FTE) Assistant Gymnastics Coach.
The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in the planning, recruiting, coaching, developing, implementing, communication and administering of his/her program to achieve University and Department objectives. Goals and objectives are to be developed prior to the beginning of each season with the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach will exhibit behavior that enhances the respect for the student-athletes, the athletics program, the University, and the Assistant Coach himself/herself in the conduct of their professional responsibilities. The Assistant Coach is required to assist in the direction and control of the program in accordance with NCAA, WIAC, and University rules and regulations. Violation of University, NCAA or Conference rules on the part of Athletic Department personnel may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
RESPONSIBILITIES:A. General Administration of Program/Coaching:
- 3-5 years gymnastics coaching experience at skill level 9-10 or at the collegiate level
- Adhere to all rules and guidelines of the NCAA, WIAC and University.
- Assist head coach to plan and direct the development of student-athletes in relation to general and specific skills necessary for successful competition.
- Adhere to all athletic training measures for the safety and welfare of student-athletes.
- Assist with scheduling, conducting, and management of intercollegiate athletics contests.
- Assist with instructing student-athletes in the principles and rules of the sport, WIAC and University policies.
- Schedule, prepare, and supervise all team practices, travel, and activities in the absence of the head coach.
- Attend staff meetings and/or professional development seminars, and assist with total program issues.
- Represent the head coach at WIAC and NCAA meetings in their absence.
- Assist head coach to ensure the safety, maintenance, and preparation of the playing and practice areas for all student-athletes.
- Assist with the monitoring of the academic progress of the student-athletes on your team, ensuring that normal progress is made toward the attainment of the degree.
- Assist with recruitment and recommendation of student-athletes to the University.
- Complete recruiting logs on a monthly basis.
- Interact with admissions personnel in the recruitment policies and procedures for the University.
D. Scholarly and Professional Activity:
- Assist the head coach with fundraising projects needed to support program.
- Assist the head coach with support and promotion of sports.
- Assist with the total program support through Athletic Department activities and events.
- Will maintain good working relationship with Head Coach, Director, Athletic Trainers, Strength & Conditioning Coordinator, Athletic Department Support Staff, and other Department and University personnel.
E. University and Community Service:
- Attend job-related clinics and conferences.
- Maintain current membership in professional organizations.
- Attend appropriate WIAC meetings in the absence of the head coach.
- Serve on department and University committees as needed.
- Serve as a resource to the community in areas of expertise.
- Assist the head coach with the development of outreach activities which support and enhance the athletics program, individual sports, and University.
- Will be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
) is the largest regional comprehensive university within the UW System and enjoys a reputation as a high quality residential campus located near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin. UW-Whitewater is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. UW-W is located in the community of Whitewater, which has 14,622 residents and is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago. The university enrolls more than 12,000 students in 50 majors housed within four academic colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 16 master’s degrees and a Doctorate in Business Administration. The university’s strategic plan can be found at: http://www.uww.edu/strategic-plan
. It has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. UW-Whitewater is a Division III NCAA university and member of WIAC (http://wiacsports.com
). The campus has over 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin.
UW-Whitewater is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.ORGANIZATION INFORMATION:
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System (https://www.wisconsin.edu
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-Whitewater Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.SPECIAL NOTES:
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles (http://www.uww.edu/leap
) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices (https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices
). The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (http://www.uww.edu/orsp
) provides support for faculty scholarly and creative activities as well as other opportunities to apply for reassigned time and/or other resources to support research activities. UW-Whitewater faculty and staff also have access to technology transfer and research resources provided by WiSys (https://www.wisys.org
).TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications received by June 1, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the position please contact:
A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
The Job ID is 13612.
- Cover letter
- 3 professional references with contact information
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs