Security System Analyst - ICIT - 14112 - EXTENDED DEADLINE
The Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (iCIT) department seeks a Security System Analyst.
This position works under the general supervision of the Director of IT Operations, providing direct support to the campus community. Primary duties include fulfilling requests submitted by faculty, staff, and campus administration related to access management, storage access, and email quotas. This position also supports inventory and asset management and is responsible for Managing IT inventory receiving, including student employee supervision.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience completing customer requests
- Experience supporting inventory management
- Experience troubleshooting technology issues
- Experience working within a Help Desk Management tool
Knowledge, Skills & Abililties:
- College degree in a technology-related field
- Experience with HP Service Manager
- Experience in working with Windows and Mac operating systems and hardware
- Experience with granting and revoking access permissions
RESPONSIBILITIES:50% A. Request Fulfillment Support
- Ability to work with vendors and warranty policies
- Commitment to providing quality customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with customers with varied skill levels in using technology including campus executive staff
- Ability to convey technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
35% B. Customer and Campus Support
- Monitor and manage requests for services including access management, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), storage access, and email quotas.
- Work with Workstation Management Team in support of inventory management, insuring the flow from receiving to delivery is integrated into the asset system.
- Manage IT equipment receiving activities.
- Manage warranty related incidents with campus technology vendors.
- Follow established procedures for tracking technology problems and solutions.
- Provide support for Distance Education program, including scheduling class recordings each semester, publishing recordings, and handling related tickets.
- Assist with surplus equipment process and requests.
- Coordinate and facilitate pickups with external recycling vendors.
- Work with ICIT team managers to ensure the effectiveness of the technology order to fulfillment process.
10% C. Research and Process Improvement
- Work with end users and customers, providing information and status related to receiving, storing and handling of assets.
- Working with Workstation team, ensure that new technical equipment meets order ticket details and also, document processes for maintaining controls and delivery schedules.
- Assist customers in understanding the appropriate use of campus technologies.
- Assist users in understanding and adhering to IT standards, policies, and procedures.
- Develop technical documentation and training materials as needed.
5% D. Personal and Professional Development
- Research and assess support activities, identifying patterns and providing input to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitor processes and procedures, identifying gaps and needs, making recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in a program of personal and professional development jointly defined by the employee and management.
- Attend local/national training, meetings, and seminars as approved by management.
- Stay abreast of changing technologies by reading professional journals, attending workshops and consulting with colleagues both internal and external to the university.
) is the largest regional comprehensive university within the UW System and enjoys a reputation as a high quality residential campus located near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin. UW-W is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. UW-W is located in the community of Whitewater, which has 14,622 residents and is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago. The university enrolls more than 12,000 students in 50 majors housed within four academic colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 16 master’s degrees and a Doctorate in Business Administration. The university’s strategic plan can be found at: http://www.uww.edu/strategic-plan
. It has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. UW-Whitewater is a Division III NCAA university and member of WIAC (http://wiacsports.com
). The campus has over 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin.
UW-W is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.ORGANIZATION INFORMATION:
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System (https://www.wisconsin.edu
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-W Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.SPECIAL NOTES:
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles (http://www.uww.edu/leap
) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices (https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices
). The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (http://www.uww.edu/orsp
) provides support for faculty scholarly and creative activities as well as other opportunities to apply for reassigned time and/or other resources to support research activities. UW-Whitewater faculty and staff also have access to technology transfer and research resources provided by WiSys (https://www.wisys.org
). TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications received by September 20, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or email@example.com
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Office Operations Associate
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
This Job ID is 14112.Who are you?
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs