IS Supervisor 2
Director-Customer Technology Services and Support (CTSS)
Cert #: 4206
Instructional Communications Information Technology (iCIT)
IS SUPERVISOR 2
Posting Date: January 25, 2013
There is an IS Supervisor 2 transfer opportunity available in Instructional Communications Information Technology (iCIT) for current state employees. The work schedule for this full-time, year-round position is Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The position description is available below.
If you are interested in transferring as a permissive transfer candidate (current state employees in pay range 70-02 or counterpart) submit a resume with three supervisory references to Stephanie Hartmann, HR&D, 800 W. Main St., Hyer 330, Whitewater, WI 53190; email email@example.com; or fax 262-472-5668.
DEADLINE TO NOTIFY YOUR INTEREST OF PERMISSIVE TRANSFER INTO THIS POSITION IS 4:30 P.M. ON: February 2, 2013
As part of the iCIT Division, this position’s responsibility is to provide leadership to the Customer Technology Services and Support division within iCIT. This position will provide strategic direction to Technology Support Center (TSC-Helpdesk), and Tier 2 desktop technicians who support the university community related to desktop hardware, software, printing, mobile devices and the procurement of technology equipment. This position will lead high-level technology initiatives at UW-Whitewater while guiding and managing a number of campus IT process improvements. To be successful, the candidate must possess strong business and analytical skills regarding the application of technology, and be experienced in project planning and process implementations.
Primary duties include providing leadership and direction to TSC Support Center, develop and implement ITIL processes, ensure support tickets are resolved within SLA, build and provide enhanced self-service capability’s to campus including IVR and self-service portals. Works to fully integrate Tier 2 advanced troubleshooting within iCIT by working with iCIT Management. Provides direction for iCIT hardware/software purchasing while establishing procurement service ownership and enhanced processes for campus. Provides high-level leadership of technology initiatives at UW-Whitewater to guide and manage a number of campus IT projects. Builds and develops key performance indicators (KPI’s) and metrics to lower costs and effectively measure performance. Provide financial oversight and direction for the CTSS budget.
70% A. Provide leadership direction to the Technology Support Center
1. Hire, train and develop TSC Manager and Tier 2 Technicians
2. Research ITIL and other IT support best practices and approaches/models
3. Implement ITIL processes within iCIT and campus wide
4. Develop and publish Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for iCIT and campus
5. Develop and implement staffing models to support KPI’s while ensuring budgets are not exceeded
6. Document staff development plans, adjust position descriptions and ensure proper back up for critical functions
7. Drive support to the lower cost models using self-service technologies/processes while maintaining campus needs
8. Enable processes and infrastructure supporting single point of contact
9. Lead cross departmental Modern Service Desk (MSD) meetings to review escalated tickets and issues
10. Provide strategic direction and process improvements for HP Service Manager
11. Provide team leadership for project implementation.
12. Develop plans and make recommendations for the appropriate use of technology to achieve campus goals by working with colleges and offices
13. Design comprehensive escalation processes within iCIT by working with iCIT Management
14. Develop strategic marketing initiative and plans to promote use of self-service technologies
15. Meet with and develop relationships with college tech liaison and respective management
16. Define roles and responsibilities between support Tiers and with iCIT management to develop a fully integrated Tier 2 support mode
17. Develop TSC process for iCIT to follow for the roll out of new applications, programs and related technologies
18. Develop troubleshooting content and guidelines for Knowledge Base working with iCIT Management
20% B. Provide leadership direction to ICIT Purchasing & Total Desktop Care
1. Develop ITIL best practice processes for hardware & software campus procurement
2. Develop ITIL best practice processes for use of self-service technologies for campus purchases, including but not limited to HP SM Request Management
3. Develop ITIL best practice to reduce and streamline requests
4. Develop strategic solutions to reduce computer set up and surplus costs
5. Facilitate research and design of new hardware technologies
6. Integrate hardware/software purchases with Shared Financials
5% C. Research and Testing
1. Directs the research and recommendations for new software, hardware, and configuration modifications.
2. Directs the research, evaluation, and management provide feedback on problematic issues, trends and patterns.
3. Research, test, recommend, and support the tools used to help other IT professionals.
5% D. Personal and Professional Development
1. Participate in a program of personal and professional development jointly defined by the employee and CIO
2. Attend local/national meetings and seminars as approved by CIO
3. Stay abreast of changing technologies by reading professional journals, attending workshops and seminars, and consulting with colleagues both internal and external to the university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
•Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology- related field.
•A minimum of three years professional experience in managing IT Support in a higher education environment.
•Knowledge and understanding of the technical operation and uses of current Windows and Macintosh OS, networking, and office software
•Experience and understanding of Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices for project management and leadership
•Experience and understanding of ITIL best practices for providing IT Support
•Knowledge of current trends in IT support for classroom technology and instructional spaces in a higher education environment.
•Ability to effectively prioritize project tasks and customer requests.
•Ability to provide leadership to Supervisors and Tier 2 technicians
•Experience in use of project management software and office productivity tools
•Ability to plan and implement IT projects
•Ability to build positive business relationships with colleges and campus offices and develop effective teams