IS Systems Development Services Senior - PROJECT
Cert #: 4218
Instructional, Communication and Informatoin Technology (iCIT)
IS Systems Development Services Senior - Project
Posting Date: February 25, 2013
There is an IS Systems Development Services Senior - Project vacancy in the Office of Instructional, Communication and Information Technology ( iCIT). The work schedule for this full-time, year-round position is Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The complete position description is available by calling 472-1024 or online at: http://www.uww.edu/employment/classified.html.
The salary for this position is between $22.026-$36.343/hr based on experience and available budget.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and three (3) supervisory references to Stephanie Hartmann, HR&D, 800 W. Main St., Hyer 330, Whitewater, WI 53190; email email@example.com; or fax 262-472-5668.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Under the direction of the Administration Information Systems (AIS) Manager in iCIT, this position will establish and maintain business analysis practices and procedures across the campus, division, departmental and group levels. These will help make sure business requirements are elicited accurately, designs meet business needs, and use cases directly lead to test cases.
The AIS department regularly initiates large projects involving many departments, schools and colleges on campus. These projects require strong project leadership and coordination across many segments of the university.
This is an expert level position responsible for coordinating projects with broad scope directly with team members, and indirectly with constituents across campus. This position will set the vision for business analysis, both in practices and tools. This role requires regular contact with iCIT management team.
50% A. Business Analysis
A1. Collaborate with developers, technical liaisons, and other campus representatives in the planning, development and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications. Define business requirements, document functional specifications and develop timelines for business analysis deliverables.
A2. Analyze and verify requirements for completeness and conformity to standards. Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications
A3. Conduct workshops and facilitate requirements’ definition. Provide overall coordination in ensuring that final deliverables meet the requirements.
A4. Using basic research, analytical and problem solving assist in identifying and resolving user needs, business issues and requirements on a regular basis
A5. Leads the analysis of any necessary modifications. Work closely with project team to ensure that design meets requirement specifications.
A6. Define processes and workflows as well as develop test plans and conduct System, Integration, Performance, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure a quality product is delivered.
A7. Communicate status and issues with end users, staff and vendors, project managers, and iCIT Management in a timely manner.
A8. Develop and implement a training plan for end users on new applications.
A9. Identify opportunities to streamline business processes to best leverage ERP systems.
25% B. Project Management
B1. Technical process owner for the business process area and/or module. Provides expertise on technical processes and solutions.
B2. Work with the other Technical Leaders to arrive at decisions for the technical processes.
B3. Identifies and coordinates resources as needed (Subject Matter Experts, Functional Resources, Technical Resources, and external consulting resources, etc.).
B4. Provides advanced problem solving and technical support; works with staff to resolve complex technical problems.
B5. Plans, executes, monitors, and documents project activities; provides technical leadership and guidance during the projects to ensure proper design techniques are used and that all resources are used appropriately.
B6. Collaborates in the development and documentation of an implementation/rollout plan for new systems and enhancements.
B7. Participates in preparation of status reports documenting progress against plan.
B8. Collaborates with program, functional and iCIT management to facilitate the development and implementation of support procedures.
20% C. Systems Development of large, complex project consisting of multi-phased development efforts
C1. Provides alternative solutions and recommendations to complex business problems and issues and works with team members to determine satisfactory approach. C2. Implements/ensures data quality/cleansing efforts.
C3. Works with documentation team to develop user documentation.
C4. Support office operations by troubleshooting and resolving office system issues within document imaging systems.
C5. Other duties as assigned.
5% D. Participate in employee development activities, both assigned and self-initiated.
D1. Consult with other project managers and leaders about projects under their responsibility and techniques they use to be effective.
D2. Read books and periodicals to improve knowledge of data processing.
D3. Attend training sessions, conferences, and workshops to increase knowledge in project management, systems development work flows and stages, and other applicable skills such as written communication, oral communication, and leadership.
1. Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system fundamentals.
2. Experience working with ImageNow (Perceptive) desired.
3. Strong analytical skills. Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
4. Strong problem solving skills. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions and works well in group problem solving situations.
5. Strong analytical skills. Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
6. Planning and organization. Able to coordinate many different project tasks simultaneously; prioritizes and plans work activities; sets appropriate deadlines to complete activities accordingly.
7. Effective time management. Effectively manages time and resources; sets goals and objectives.
8. Teamwork and issue resolution skills. Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views, gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports every team member’s effort to success; ability to obtain resolution by team consensus; works well with all team members, managers, directors.
9. Effective use of project management tools.
10. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Ability to provide oral presentations with ease.
11. Overall understanding of the iCIT responsibilities and its working relationships with other UW-Whitewater units is critical.
12. Advance testing techniques
13. Solid understanding of information technology
14. IIBA business analysis standards