IS Supervisor II - PROJECT
User Support Manager PROJECT
Cert #: 4236
IS Supervisor II Project
Posting Date: May 14, 2013
There is a IS Supervisor II Project vacancy in the Office of iCIT. The work schedule for this full-time, year-round position is Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The salary for this position is $25.763/hour, $53, 793 annually.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and three (3) supervisory references to Stephanie Hartmann, HR&D, 800 W. Main St., Hyer 330, Whitewater, WI 53190; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax 262-472-5668.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
Position: IS –Supervisor II
Working Title: Manager- User Support
Department: Instructional Communications Information Technology (iCIT)
The manager reports to the CIO and provides leadership, management, and oversight of the User Support Service operations within ICIT. This encompasses all aspects of technical support including field technical support, desktop hardware and software and printing equipment installations, support for mobile devices, management and rollout of enterprise software, and overall workstation environment direction and management. The manger will play an integral role in structuring the unit to achieve the most efficient and effective customer service model.
Internal to ICIT responsibilities include developing and implementing ITIL processes to fully integrate Tier 2 advanced troubleshooting responsibilities within iCIT tiered support structure, ensuring support tickets are resolved within SLA, understanding trends in development of desktop management and mobile technologies, and incorporating them in the service delivery approach at UWW.
External responsibilities include developing and maintaining close working relationships with the tech liaisons and leadership of academic and administrative areas at UWW, planning and execution of technology rollouts, understanding the workstation environment needs and painpoints of UWW faculty and staff, and recommending approaches to address them.
User Support Manager is responsible for establishing key performance indicators (KPI’s) and metrics to lower costs and effectively measure performance, and leading his team to achieve them. Person in this position is expected to work closely with other members of ICIT leadership team and participate in developing strategic direction, operational processes and organizational structure of ICIT.
Successful candidate will lead a team of professional staff and student workers to deliver outstanding customer service to UWW faculty and staff. Successful candidate must possess excellent customer service skills, a dedication to assisting technical and non-technical users, background in workstation management and be experienced in project planning and process implementations..
70% A. Provide leadership and management to the Tier 2 Support unit
1. Review, and where needed establish new Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Tier 2 customer support unit, in collaboration with the campus community and ICIT Management team.
2. Develop appropriate unit structure and staffing model to support KPI’s while ensuring efficient and effective use of resources
3. Review existing processes, introduce improvements in light of ITIL and other IT Tier 2 support best practices and approaches/models.
4. Assure that KPIs are adhered to.
5. Working with Service owners and customer community assure that all services have appropriate SLAs, and that processes are in place to follow them.
6. Hire, mentor and manage Tier 2 Technicians. Assure that all members of the team perform to their full potential by creating staff development plans (including performance/ skills / knowledge objectives), reviewing performance, providing feedback and growth opportunities and adjusting position descriptions as needed.
7. Ensure proper back up for critical functions.
8. Strive to provide excellent support at the lowest cost possible, using self-service technologies / and best industry practices. Work with MSD manager, NOC manager and others to identify areas of high cost or problematic service delivery and to devise strategies to automate or in other ways improve service.
9. Work closely with Modern Service Desk (MSD) management to facilitate appropriate ticket escalation and issues resolution
10. Develop plans and make recommendations for the appropriate use of technology to achieve campus goals by working with colleges and administrative units.
11. Participate in development of comprehensive escalation processes within iCIT with other iCIT Management. Facilitate analysis of escalated incidents to identify trends and issues, including issues that could be resolved at Tier 1 or end user with modification to procedures or development of additional technologies/capabilities.
12. Meet with and develop relationships with college tech liaison and their management
13. Facilitate appropriate roles and responsibilities between support Tiers and with iCIT management to develop a fully integrated Tier 2 support model
14. Develop troubleshooting content and guidelines for Knowledge Base working with iCIT Management
20% B. Develop a role of a Liaison to UWW Customer community
1. Work closely with the Academic and Administrative leadership of the campus to make sure their computer software and hardware needs are address timely and effectively
2. Facilitate communication channels with Tech Liaisons from academic and administrative units.
3. Assure campus-wide awareness of SLA process.
4. Establish appropriate escalation channels.
5. Lead enterprise software rollout efforts, engage customer community as appropriate.
5% C. Research and Testing
1. Direct the research and recommendations for new software, hardware, and configuration modifications.
2. Stay abreast of industry best practices, recommend process improvements as necessary.
5% D. Personal and Professional Development
D1. Participate in a program of personal and professional development jointly defined by the employee and CIO
D2. Attend local/national meetings and seminars as approved by CIO
D3. Stay abreast of changing technologies by reading professional journals, attending workshops and seminars, and consulting with colleagues both internal and external to the university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
•Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology- related field.
•A minimum of three years managerial and proven customer service experience, with an in-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices, preferably in managing IT Support in a higher education environment.
•Strong, demonstrated, written and verbal communication skills;
•Demonstrated ability to guide customers through established troubleshooting procedures to identify and resolve technical problems
•Knowledge and understanding of the technical operation and uses of current Windows and Macintosh OS, networking, and office software
•Experience in understanding and documenting issues and resolutions for knowledge base articles
•Experience in discerning trends and identifying appropriate solutions
•Experience and understanding of Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices for project management and leadership
•Experience and understanding of ITIL best practices for providing IT Support
•Ability to effectively prioritize project tasks and customer requests.
•Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and follow up on projects and initiatives
•Ability to build positive business relationships with colleges and campus offices and develop effective teams