IS Systems Development Services Specialist
Cert #: 4237
Instructional, Communication and Information Technology (iCIT)
There is an IS Systems Development Services Specialist vacancy in Instructional, Communication and Information Technology (iCIT) . The work schedule for this full-time, year-round position is Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The position description is available below.
To be considered for this position, you will need to create an account in Wisc.Jobs and apply online. For instructions go to http://wisc.jobs/public/index.asp and reference Job Announcement Code 1302032.
You will be required to upload a current resume and complete a 4 question Talent and Experience exam. THIS IS YOUR EXAMINATION, and will be used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy. Resumes may not be substituted for item responses.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application or examination online due to a disability or system problem, please contact Stephanie Hartmann at 262-472-1397 or email@example.com Questions regarding the WiscJobs system or the online examination can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-267-1012.
This position will remain open until filled. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials will not receive consideration. and/or late application materials will not receive consideration.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director of Administration Information Systems (AIS), this position will assume a lead role in the development and enhancement of new PeopleSoft application systems employing complex, emerging technology. This includes consulting with Business Process Specialists, Developers and Project Managers during the functional design of applications, as well as providing technical expertise and leadership to other IT professionals during solution development and implementation. Designed solutions may include integration of multiple data sources, vendor packages and custom software running on diverse platforms. Position responsibilities include development, technical documentation, testing/debugging, and operational support of mission-critical production systems.
45% A. System Analysis/Consulting
A1. Provide expert consultation and recommendations to ICIT management and functional areas on development of or enhancements to campus information systems
A2. Consult with functional area experts to study business problems and define business process requirements
A3. Assist customers in identifying modifications or new development necessary to implement solutions to business requirements
A4. Formulate, justify, and present design alternatives to ICIT management and functional areas including timelines and cost/benefit analysis
A5. Perform analysis and design for campus applications and major enhancements
A6. Consult with functional area experts to identify data requirements and participate in complex data modeling
A7. Assist customers in the understanding and use of campus applications
A8. Assist customers in troubleshooting problems with campus applications and determine appropriate solutions
20% B. Project Leadership
B1. Develop project plans that include tasks to be performed, task estimates, and targeted completion dates. Assign programming tasks and monitor progress. Provide project status feedback to customers and ICIT management.
B2. Respond quickly and accurately to customer requests for production system information, or ad hoc reports and data extracts.
B3. Manage team efforts during the development and implementation of new automated functions/systems or enhancements to existing systems. Assign tasks to other staff and track development progress.
B4. Acquire and maintain working knowledge of the customer’s operation and business needs/problems by participating in meetings and reviewing relevant documentation.
25% C. Develop and maintain complex computer programs using computer technologies
C1. Review program requirements to gain an understanding of programming objectives
C2 Participate in specific reviews or walk-throughs to assure satisfaction of program requirements
C3. Code, test, and debug (or direct the coding, testing, debugging of) complex computer programs and procedures in compliance with standards using advanced techniques and appropriate languages.
C4. Conduct system testing to assure correct functioning within the system
C5. Assemble program documentation according to department standards to provide other analysts/programmers with the information to understand the program structure and logic
10% D. Miscellaneous responsibilities
D1. Develop in-depth technical knowledge about the software tools and data structures delivered with purchased or acquired applications, particularly in the areas directly supported by this position.
D2. Share information systems techniques, methodologies, knowledge, and tools with other staff.
D3. Read books, periodicals, internet articles, and listserv discussions to improve understanding of existing and new information technologies.
D4. Attend seminars, classes, training sessions, and workshops to increase technical knowledge and communication skills (as approved by management).
D5. Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by management.
D6. Assist ICIT management in search and screen process for hiring staff
D7. Participate in department and unit staff meetings
D8. Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by management
Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of ICIT's policies, procedures, and standards in system design and specification, program development, documentation, planning and status reporting
2. Knowledge of designing relational database tables and views
3. Knowledge of writing and executing advanced SQL data manipulation statements
4. Knowledge of large, complex Financials, Human Resources or Student Information administrative systems
5. Knowledge of ERP implementations and interface issues
6. Knowledge of performing systems requirements analysis
7. Knowledge in documenting user requirements with use case diagrams
8. Knowledge of designing web and batch solutions to meet requirement needs
9. Knowledge in implementing all aspects of the development lifecycle process
10. Knowledge of developing complex, multi-part applications
11. Knowledge of developing applications using the PeopleSoft application designer and PeopleCode
12. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Application Architecture
13. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Development toolsets including SQRs, Application Designer, Application Engine, and PeopleCode
14. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Integration Tools including component interfaces and application messaging
15. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Administrative tools including Configuration Manager, Data Mover, import Manager, Mass Change, Security Administrator and client setup and installation procedures
16. Knowledge of PeopleSoft troubleshooting facilities, including trace functions for SQL, PeopleCode, and Message Agent as well as using Customer Connection and server log files
17. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Upgrade tools and procedures
18. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Process scheduling
19. Knowledge of client/server architectures, including 2-tier and n-tier
20. Knowledge of web database application development
21. Knowledge of Internet clients/servers/protocols
22. Knowledge of security, network, database, and application
23. Knowledge of parsing and code generation
24. Knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems, commands, utilities, scripting languages, and system administration techniques
25. Knowledge of Oracle database technology
26. Knowledge of .Net / C# or J2EE framework
27. Knowledge of object oriented design
28. Knowledge of HTML/CSS
29. Knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL)
30. Knowledge of Web Services and SOA