Associate Outreach Specialist
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Position: Associate Outreach Specialist
Working Title: Associate Innovation Services Specialist
Qualifications: Associate’s degree and seven years OR bachelor’s degree and three years administrative or similar experience required. Applicants lacking credentials may be considered if significant and progressive work experience can be demonstrated.
Rank: Academic Staff
Responsibilities: The Associate Innovation Services Specialist (AISS) works closely with the Director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) and the office staff (professional and student) to provide a full range of administrative and support services. This is a full-time (forty hours per week) position within standard office hours (7:45am to 4:30pm). Limited evening/weekend hours may be required. Under supervision of the Director, the Associate Innovation Service Specialist will be responsible for the following general duties.
20% Coordinate Whitewater University Technology Park Innovation Center operations
1. Manage information and communication flow between/among the Director, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs staff, the Whitewater University Technology Park Board/staff, the City of Whitewater, the Whitewater Community Development Authority, clients/tenants, and other stakeholders. Log and track requests for information from constituents; determine the required response data, appropriate staff assignment, and signature; assure timely completion; and review the response for established standards.
2. Manage Innovation Center booking requests, climate cool system, and the service level-agreement with the UW-Whitewater Instructional, Communication and Information Technology (iCIT) division for technology support.
3. In collaboration with the Whitewater University Technology Park management team, manage components of the Innovation Center website and help to develop the resource into an effective marketing tool.
4. Maintain the Innovation Center’s sources and uses document.
5. Monitor Innovation Center budgets and expenditures; create monthly and annual financial reports.
6. Research and provide analysis of facility-/grant-related information.
7. Review, assess, summarize, and communicate promptly to all stakeholders with a need to know information on federal regulations, state policies, UW System guidance, etc. related to the facility.
8. Maintain Center request/issue log, formulate responses, coordinate action items, follow up with requestor(s), and develop request/issue reports.
9. Provide support to the Director to identify grant opportunities and develop grant proposals to sustain the Whitewater Incubation Program and Innovation Center operations.
10.Support the Director and the Technology Park Board with administrative duties as assigned.
11.In collaboration with the Director/Whitewater University Technology Park Board Executive Director, track and maintain Innovation Center supplies inventory.
25% Coordinate records management, reporting, and communications associated with Innovation Center operations and the Whitewater Incubation Program
1. Manage records and general files/electronic data/archive records associated with the Innovation Center grant/general operations and the Whitewater Incubation Program, including contractor files, service level agreement records, tenant/client records, and other data as appropriate.
2. Manage WhIP communications, including reports, publications, web-based communications utilizing social media tools, press releases, web features/spotlights, and other documents as directed.
3. Write and/or oversee all Innovation Center records management projects. Write/revise policies, procedures, etc., including developing, implementing, and maintaining other resources.
4. In collaboration with the Director and the Outreach Program Manager, maintain Innovation components of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs website and help to develop the resource into an effective marketing tool.
5. Maintain audit-ready Innovation Center and Whitewater Incubation Program records at all times.
35% Provide administrative/program support to the Whitewater Incubation Program (including the Innovation Hub, the Launch Pad, and other incubation programs/services)
1. Manage intramural Whitewater Incubation Program (WhIP)/Innovation Hub (iHUB) grants (information and communication flow between/among the Director, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs staff, clients, and other stakeholders). Log and track requests for information from constituents; determine the required response data, appropriate staff assignment, and signature; assure timely completion; and review the response for established standards.
2. Develop, review, and distribute requests for proposals (RFPs) and all publicity/announcements for all WhiP/iHUB intramural programs to campus stakeholders. Ensure WhIP/iHUB RFPs align with institutional priorities (strategic priorities, LEAP, etc.).
3. Coordinate communication of program information (application packages).
4. Manage the circulation of grant proposals for internal review/approval prior to submission to decision maker(s) and transmittal of grant proposals to sponsor(s).
5. Support Director/WhIP/iHUB committees with administrative duties as assigned.
6. Manage WhIP/iHUB financials.
7. Coordinate special events to publicize/promote WhiP/iHUB.
8. Research and maintain WhiP/iHUB internal electronic research administration solutions and proposal/awards records management system(s) and reporting (i.e., process, final, impact).
9. Consult with the Director and principal investigators (PIs) in the preparation of the annual and final project report and ensure completion within established deadlines.
10.Review, assess, summarize, and communicate promptly to all stakeholders with a need to know information on WhIP/iHUB issues, opportunities, impact data, and other topics.
11.Maintain WhiP/iHUB request/issue log, formulate responses, coordinate action items, follow up with requestor(s), and develop request/issue reports.
12.Support Director with WhIP/iHUB administrative duties as assigned.
13.In collaboration with the Director/Whitewater University Technology Park Board Executive Director, track and maintain WhIP/iHUB supplies inventory.
14.Complete other innovation services projects as assigned.
5% Serve as lead worker of student employees
1. Coordinate workload distribution to maximize staff skills and capabilities to meet daily and long-term needs of ORSP, Innovation Center operations, and WhIP/iHUB.
2. Monitor work and provide regular feedback to ensure quality services and productivity.
5% Engage in professional development/apply knowledge gained to performance of key duties
1. Participate in operations management, business, technology, and/or project management training to meet annual professional development objectives.
2. Study training manuals and other documentation to learn advanced office and web tools used by this position, as well as relevant administration policies and procedures.
10% Complete other projects/assume other duties as assigned
University: UW-Whitewater is a premier public regional university with an enrollment of over 12,000 students in 50 undergraduate majors and 11 master's degree programs. It offers high-quality, career oriented programs with a model general education curriculum.
Community: Whitewater, a city with a population of over 14,000, is located in southeastern Wisconsin near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest. The immediate area offers a wide variety of summer and winter recreational activities, including facilities of the nearby Whitewater Lake recreational area. Whitewater is 50 miles from Milwaukee, 45 miles from Madison and 110 miles from Chicago.
Application: A complete application package must include:
•a letter of application describing your qualifications for the position and including salary requirements
•a resume including all relevant professional experience
Only complete applications will be considered. Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, lists of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please send applications to Denise Ehlen, Search Chair, via email to email@example.com. All documents should be attached in .pdf form if at all possible. Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts will be required upon hiring.
Review: Applications received by November 8, 2012 are ensured consideration; the position is considered open until otherwise noted.
UW-Whitewater is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. UW-Whitewater conducts criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.