Custodial Lead Upcoming Recruitment
Facilities Planning & Management
The University of Wisconsin Whitewater has openings in Facilities, Planning & Management for Custodial Lead positions. This position requires taking a Centered Exam. An Exam for this position will be administed by OSER April 13, 2013 at various exam locations. You must pre-register by March 27, 2013. For more information on the location, times and other necessary instructions visit: http://wisc.jobs/public/links_summary_page.asp?catid=70.
These positions are located at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, Facilities, Planning & Management (Specific Buidlings TBD). This is a full time, year round position, working various hours.
Job Duties: This position is responsible for providing custodial leadwork for Facilities Planning and Management (FP&M). The Custodian Lead guides the work of a crew of Custodians, limited term employees (LTE’s) and student workers. The incumbent works under the direction of the zone Custodial Services Supervisor. The leadworker assists the zone supervisors in developing custodial objectives designed to meet the needs of building occupants and the tasks required to achieve these objectives.
The Custodian Lead must practice exemplary behavior when working with customers and fellow staff members. The person holding this position must possess a valid driver's license and must have the ability to meet the State’s minimum requirements for state vehicle operation. The position is designated at a Level 1 for risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Special Notes: For UW-Whitewater campus safety information, crime statistics, and annual security report, visit: www.uww.edu/StdRsces/focus/report.html
UW-Whitewater conducts criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. UW-Whitewater is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to provide leadwork, instruction and administrative support for FP&M Zone custodial crew
• Ability to perform a variety of daily, periodic and seasonal duties.
• Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, staff, and students.
• Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Independently organize and prioritize workload.
• Knowledge of commercial cleaning methods.
• Knowledge of cleaning solutions and agents.
• Knowledge of cleaning equipment and materials.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to be authorized to drive a state vehicle