Reference & Instruction Librarian
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Library seeks an enthusiastic business reference librarian to join our service-oriented team. The Library serves a vibrant campus community with 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students in beautiful southeastern Wisconsin, convenient to both Madison and Milwaukee. The librarian will work closely with students and faculty of the College of Business and Economics which is nationally renowned for its Accounting and MBA programs.
Andersen Library, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
Position: Reference & Instruction Librarian
Academic Staff Rank: Associate Academic Librarian (depending on qualifications), renewable annual full-time, 12-month appointment
Starting Date: July 1, 2013 (negotiable)
1. Provide in-person and virtual reference assistance to library users in all academic disciplines.
2. Assist users in utilizing print and online bibliographic and reference information sources including government publications and legal resources.
3. Participate in providing bibliographic instruction.
4. Assist in general and reference collection development efforts, including identification of reliable resources on the Internet and high-quality online databases.
5. Develop instructional and marketing tools including library user guides, web pages, and tutorials.
6. Serve as liaison with the College of Business and Economics, including promoting library resources and services to the college faculty, staff, and students.
7. Work evenings and weekends on a rotational basis.
•Professional reference experience in an academic library, including business reference.
•Experience with bibliographic instruction and commitment to information literacy.
•Knowledge of print and electronic information sources.
•Demonstrated ability using computer applications, such as Microsoft Office and web authoring software.
•Excellent communication, interpersonal and instructional skills.
•Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member with diverse faculty, staff, and students in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
•Experience with business information resource selection.
•Experience with web page design and creation.
•Undergraduate or graduate degree in business.
•Additional technological skills, such as desktop publishing and tutorial creation.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For a description of the University and Library please visit our web site at http://library.uww.edu/.
Applications: Send letter of application, resume, and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least 3 professional references to: Reference Search and Screen Committee, c/o Anne Kimball, Andersen Library, UW-Whitewater, P. O. Box 900, Whitewater, WI 53190-0900. Complete applications received by May 15, 2013 will receive first consideration. Position open until filled.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an AA/EEO employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Names of applicants may be disclosed unless requested otherwise. Names of finalists will be released. A criminal background check is a contingency to employment and will be conducted prior to an offer of employment