Associate Broadcast Specialist
University Marketing and Media Relations
UW-Whitewater’s office of University Marketing and Media Relations is looking for an exceptional video storyteller who can help us show what makes our campus so special. This new position will work closely with the director and assistant director for visuals to tell the UW-Whitewater story through video.
A bachelor’s degree is required for this position along with excellent interviewing skills. Candidates will also have strong videographer skills along with the ability to edit a compelling story. Candidates must have the ability to work with a wide variety of people from the chancellor to student athletes. Salary range is between $31,000-$34,000, depending on experience.
Position serves as the main video production and editing person for Marketing and Media Relations. Should have strong understanding of using Internet for promoting UW-Whitewater. Should have strong knowledge of social media especially YouTube and iTunes U. He/she will be responsible for the development, video photography, editing and updating the university Web site and other tasks deemed necessary.
- Producing videos for the entire campus including the Chancellor’s vlog and other projects.
- Conveying a vision for a project both in the field and in the editing room
- Ability to work independently
- Working collaboratively with people from across campus
- Interviewing sources for video production.
- Editing video
- Uploading video to Web
- Creating video for TV station use
- Using social media resources to share UW-Whitewater videos
- Working with the director of Marketing and Media Relations and assistant director for art to develop new ways to promote the University on the campus Web site and through video.
- Ability to develop and manage strong relationships with campus partners
A bachelor’s degree. Strong knowledge of video production including camera work and video editing. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of social media and the use of the Internet for marketing campus.
Send a letter of application including a description of your process for video storytelling, a resume, including three references, along with recent examples of video work on a DVD or a link to a Web site. Applications should be sent to Laurie Miller, UW-Whitewater, 800 W. Main St., Whitewater, WI 53190. Or email@example.com No telephone calls, please.
Applications must be received by Nov. 12 to ensure consideration. Position is open until filled.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an AA/EEO employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Criminal background checks of finalists will be conducted. Names of finalists will be released.