Campus Media Administrative Assistant - Communication - 13485
The Department of Communication seeks a Campus Media Administrative Assistant.
The University Services Associate 2 provides administrative support for the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s student media, including but not limited to: The Royal Purple, UWW-TV, 91.7 The Edge, the Media Arts & Game Development program, and the Communication Department. This position is 30 hours/week in which is provides 20 hours a week to the Communication Department and 10 hours a week to UWW-TV.
50% A. PROVIDE SUPPORT TO THE ROYAL PURPLE STUDENT NEWSPAPER
25% B. PROVIDE SUPPORT TO COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT FACULTY AND STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Prepare, process and manage accounts receivable on an ongoing basis with Sage50 software, and make business to business collection calls as needed
- Maintain accounts receivable archive: Print and file all accounts receivable, receive and match vendor invoices; coordinate with clients, faculty, student employees and the Department of Financial Services to process payments
- Act as a resource person; research and resolve accounts receivable issues
- Verify completeness and accuracy of documentation and customer billing information
- Calculate commission earnings for Advertising Staff
- Participate in weekly Royal Purple Business Management meetings
- Administer employment papers, process payroll, solve payroll related issues and enter educational stipends
25% C. PROVIDE SUPPORT TO UWW-TV
- Assist MAGD (Media Arts and Game Development) program with advising, major/minor changes, WINS work (i.e. hold removals, class permissions, advisor changes), assist with MAGD Expo and process and maintain exit survey database
- Submit hire requests, education stipends, and process biweekly payroll for student employment (MAGD and 91.7 The Edge)
- Prepare and process Travel Expense Reports, Payment to Individual Reports, Purchase Orders, and various financial accounts through WISDM (Wisconsin Data Mart for PeopleSoft financials)
- Reconcile accounts payable for department organizations
- Perform duties of receptionist: answer and transfer calls, take messages, distribute mail, photocopying, order office supplies
- Support the department website with content management (Ingeniux) and social media
- Office coverage in absence of Academic Department Associate
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Department Chair (ad hoc issues)
- Be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills
- Schedule practicum (Comm 231 and Comm 331) students for weekly field events, tabulate weekly practicum hours and assist in student performance assessments
- Manage business operations related to billing organization process as approved by Director of UWW-TV; assist with on-going proposal and billing related to UWW-TV productions
- Maintain weekly communication with student office staff to ensure facilitation of cable station goals and practices are exercised and assist with the supervision of student office staff, including distribution of general office responsibilities
- Client project management and oversight of revenue associated with Video One Media Services internship program; assist with on-going proposals and billing related to Video One Media Services
- Ability to work with people from diverse, socioeconomics and cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of basic account principles, practices and methods
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office (i.e. (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Skilled in social media and website content management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be accurate and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, staff and administrators
- Experience with financial program
) is the largest regional comprehensive university within the UW System and enjoys a reputation as a high quality residential campus located near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin. UW-W is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. UW-W is located in the community of Whitewater, which has 14,622 residents and is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago. The university enrolls more than 12,000 students in 50 majors housed within four academic colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 16 master’s degrees and a Doctorate in Business Administration. The university’s strategic plan can be found at: http://www.uww.edu/strategic-plan
. It has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of university design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. UW-Whitewater is a Division III NCAA university and member of WIAC (http://wiacsports.com
). The campus has over 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin.
UW-W is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System (https://www.wisconsin.edu
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-W Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles (http://www.uww.edu/leap
) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices (https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices
). The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (http://www.uww.edu/orsp
) provides support for faculty scholarly and creative activities as well as other opportunities to apply for reassigned time and/or other resources to support research activities. UW-Whitewater faculty and staff also have access to technology transfer and research resources provided by WiSys (https://www.wisys.org
). HOW TO APPLY:Applications received by DECEMBER 10, 2017 are ensured full consideration
. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or email@example.com
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Academic Department Associate
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
The Job ID is: 13485.
- Cover Letter
- Contact information from 3 references
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs