Payroll & Benefits Specialist or Advanced - Human Resources & Diversity - 13714
Human Resources & Diversity
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of payroll for Faculty, Staff, and Students. This position assures that the needs of HR&D are served and support is provided in areas which include overall payroll and benefit operations, training, orientations, and instructional activities. This position frequently works with confidential issues. The incumbent is expected to be able to provide back-up coverage to provide accurate and timely benefit and leave information and counseling to a diverse population of University of Wisconsin-Whitewater employees and appointees.
The incumbent is expected to:
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service by establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with managers, supervisor, coworkers, and all customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information with tact and discretion.
- Use effective team skills to contribute to the efficient operation of the work unit.
- Present ideas, carry out assignments, and provide information as required.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Human Resources and Diversity with day-to-day oversight from the Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist-Advanced.QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of current human resource management methods and techniques and how to effectively apply them.
- Experience in dealing with confidential information and sound application of judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate complex information in an understandable fashion to a variety of people with various levels of knowledge on the topic.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of people at all levels in the university and to have effective conflict resolution skills with a focus on consistency and equity.
- Ability to provide clear technical guidance and instruction to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to compose and edit written material.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet, and process/project management tools. Ability to quickly learn desktop applications and use them effectively. Willingness to share and teach the expertise to others.
- Knowledge of procedures required for processing payroll.
- Ability to efficiently manage workload in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to set and meet goals and achieve them according to agreement including coordinating with others outside of the group to get things done.
- Knowledge of organizational and time management techniques and the ability to apply them. Ability to handle a variety of tasks with numerous interruptions and under strict timelines.
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time.
Highly Desired Qualifications
- A.S. degree in human resources and/or other related field or equivalent of two (2) years of experience in payroll or a related field such as Human Resources, Accounting or Finance.
- At least one year of experience in an organizational setting
- Familiarity with Oracle (PeopleSoft) HRS system
In your cover letter please address the following areas describing how your overall education and experience make you the best candidate for this position:
HOW TO APPLY:TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
- Computer skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
Applications received by November 22, 2017
are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
A complete application package consists of;
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the position or for a complete position description please contact:
262-472-1805This Job ID is 13714.
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs