Facilities Information / CADD Technician in Facilities Planning & Management - 13899
The department of Facilities Planning and Management seeks a Facilities Information/CADD Technician (Information Systems (IS) Resource Support Technician- Int).
This is a full-time position, supervised by the Campus Planner, in the Facilities Planning and Management department. This position supports the Facilities Planning team by maintaining campus maps and building plan files using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD/AutoCAD) and also performs operation and support functions for computer software systems such as, but not limited to: 25Live Facilities Management Database, TMA (Computerized Maintenance Management System), and various other database systems as required. This position assists in the design and production of campus signage (all levels) utilizing Engravedlab5 (for Phoenix Graphics equipment) and vinyl Express Vinyl Cutting software as necessary. The software systems described are utilized for all campus associated, architectural and space management purposes including: identification, assessment, recording, reporting, communicating, planning and security. This position performs all necessary tasks related to these functions.
45% Operate Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD – AutoCAD format) and other integrated software applications
20% Operate and maintain Engravedlab8 software, Phoenix graphics equipment and Vinyl Express to produce signage for all campus areas
- From ‘as-built’ or scaled plans or drawings, develop or modify campus AutoCAD space plans, drawings and records for all campus site, architectural spaces, and associated projects, including space and room numbering.
- From ‘as-built’ plans or drawings, confirm and modify as appropriate space measurements and footage. Update 25Live facilities data record and Central Data Request (CDR) for UW-Whitewater in accordance with UW-System data requirements and submit revisions yearly to UW-System in approved online format
- Reconcile ‘as-built’ plans or drawings with existing campus AutoCAD drawings and records to ensure accuracy. Confer space and room numbering (index), integrating with 25Live facilities data record and TMA computer-based maintenance management system (CMMS), including associated modules of the program.
- Develop, implement and maintain scanned and indexed computer archive files of all campus AutoCAD drawings including architectural, mechanical, communications, and site plans or drawings. Update or modify indexed computer archive files for all space or system changes as appropriate.
- Provide campus administrators, staff, supervisors, employees and students with campus building, AutoCAD drawings including architectural, mechanical, communications, and sites plans or drawings as appropriate or approved.
- With the Campus Planner, or as assigned, conduct building tours and consult with academic deans, academic departmental staff, and non-academic staff to define space categories and determine general and protected use of space assignments. Ensure space designations are incorporated in AutoCAD, 25Live, and CMMS as appropriate. Generate Classroom Demand Report for Capital Budget Planning purposes each fall and spring semester.
20% Support 25Live Facilities Management database and scheduling system
- Work with external customers to develop approved space identification and graphics designs.
- Program graphics system and control graphics production in accordance with customer specifications and work order
- Operate, maintain and upgrade graphics equipment as recommended or appropriate.
- Specify, procure and maintain production materials and supplies as appropriate.
- Perform other associated graphics production duties as needed or directed, such as directional, evacuation and building/space directories; also work with approved sign vendors for signage that cannot be produced on campus.
15% Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Coordinate with Campus Planner to ensure space records are maintained, confirming accuracy in usage coding necessary to facility reporting to state agencies on facility usage.
- Work collaboratively with Instructional, Communication & Information Technology (iCIT) staff and the campus 25Live governance group to assist campus users with all the functionality of the software programs. Assist iCIT staff with testing necessary prior to upgrades to assure functionality.
- Generate scheduling and usage reports for departmental staff to assist with work assignments and scheduling that will not conflict with classes or events.
- Utilize and supervise student assistants when necessary in completion of job functions.
- Attend appropriate campus committee meetings representing FP&M and assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Perform access and key issue audits and update access control data file records bi-annually or as instructed.
- Through collaboration, develop, modify and maintain project remodeling and construction information in Facilities Planning and Management web pages on the UW-Whitewater web site monthly or as instructed.
- As necessary or instructed, participate in and complete required safety training/certification.
Preferred Experience with:
- Training and experience with AutoCAD or CADD
- Ability to read and understand architectural, engineering and civil drawings
- Relational database software systems such as MS Access, 25Live, Peoplesoft, Computer-based Maintenance Management Systems
- MS Office suite applications: word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail, publishing
- Experience with customer service and employee training
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) (ESRI)
- Autodesk Civil 3D or similar program
- Content Management System Web software (Ingeniux)
- MS Office Visio (diagramming and vector graphics software)
- Supervision of students and Temporary Employees
) is the largest regional comprehensive university within the UW System and enjoys a reputation as a high quality residential campus located near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin. UW-W is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. UW-W is located in the community of Whitewater, which has 14,622 residents and is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago. The university enrolls more than 12,000 students in 50 majors housed within four academic colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 16 master’s degrees and a Doctorate in Business Administration. The university’s strategic plan can be found at: http://www.uww.edu/strategic-plan
. It has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. UW-Whitewater is a Division III NCAA university and member of WIAC (http://wiacsports.com
). The campus has over 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin.
UW-W is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System (https://www.wisconsin.edu
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-W Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles (http://www.uww.edu/leap
) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices (https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices
).HOW TO APPLY:
Applications received by January 29, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Office Operations Associate
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
This Job ID is: 13899
- Cover letter
- References will be requested at time of interview
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs