Outstanding Freshman Award
Recognizing a freshman student who has experienced UW-Whitewater to the fullest during their first year.
Candidate must be a new freshman student who began their career at UW-Whitewater in the Fall 2017 semester. Recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student and remain in good academic standing during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters.
There will be an essay component for this scholarship. The prompt is as follows:
- Reflecting back on your time as a new student at UW-Whitewater, write a letter to a new student on campus about how to make the most of their year.
- Please construct this 500 word essay in twelve (12) point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced format with one (1) inch margins on all sides.
To Apply: Click here! Applications close on March 29th at 12pm!
- Award Amount: $1000.00
- Award will be distributed in two installments: $500.00 will be applied to the Fall 2017 tuition bill and the other $500.00 will be applied to the Spring 2018 tuition bill
- Notifications will be made via email by April 21st, 2017
- The recipient will be asked to attend the Campus Awards Ceremony on Sunday, April 30th and to assist with the selection process for the 2017-2018 year
- For more information about this scholarship, please contact Austin Reuter by email at email@example.com