Plan-It Purple Resources
Plan-It Purple: Tips To Know Before You Go
Hey New Warhawk!
Your Plan-It Purple program will be here before you know it! We are looking forward to spending some time with you and helping you to make plans for your first semester at UW-Whitewater. Here are a few things that you'll want to keep in mind as you prepare for Plan-It Purple.
- Please park in lot #7 located by the Visitor Center just off of Starin Road. Once you near campus, look for the "Plan-It Purple parking" signs to direct you to this parking lot
- Check-in takes place at 8:45 a.m. in the University Center (UC.) Once you've parked, follow the "Plan-It Purple Check- In" signs to the UC.
- You will receive a "Plan-It Purple To-Do List" at check-in. Say "cheese!" The first item on this list will be to have your photo taken for your student ID. It may also include one or two other items that need to be taken care of while you are here on campus.
- If you wish to change your major, you may do so in the morning before the welcome session. The Academic Advising & Exploration Center will have a staff member on site to assist you with this process.
- The Plan-It Purple welcome session will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m. Your day will conclude around 4:00 p.m. or slightly earlier dependent upon the amount of time spent in the afternoon's advising and registration process.
- You will spend much of your day at Plan-It Purple with a Hawk Squad student orientation leader. Your Hawk Squad leader will be available to answer any questions that you have throughout the day. He/she will share important information with you about a variety of topics.
- Parents and/or guests attending Plan-It Purple will hear from a number of offices on campus including:
- First Year Experience
- HawkCard Office (dining/meal plans)
- University Police (safety and security)
- Financial Aid
- Residence Life (housing)
- You may wish to bring two items: a fleece/sweatshirt/sweater as comfort levels in regard to air conditioning vary and a bag/tote to carry folder/materials.
Contact us at 262-472-3205 or email@example.com. See you at Plan-It Purple. Safe travels!