Your Plan-It Purple program will be here before you know it! We are looking forward to spending some time with you and helping you to make plans for your first semester at UW-Whitewater. Here are a few things that you'll want to keep in mind as you prepare for Plan-It Purple.
- Please park in lot #7 located by the Visitor Center just off of Starin Road. Once you near campus, look for the "Plan-It Purple parking" signs to direct you to this parking lot
- Check-in takes place at 8:00 a.m.(8:45 a.m. for programs taking place in August/January) in the University Center (UC.) Once you've parked, follow the "Plan-It Purple Check- In" signs to the University Center.
- You will receive a "Plan-It Purple To-Do List" at check-in. Say "cheese!" The first item on this list will be to have your photo taken for your student ID. It may also include one or two other items that need to be taken care of while you are here on campus.
- If you wish to change your major, you may do so in the morning before the welcome session. The Academic Advising & Exploration Center will have a staff member on site to assist you with this process.
- Special interest sessions begin promptly at 8:20 a.m. for students participating in the following (sessions not offered in August/January):
- Learning Communities
- Veterans and Service Members
- Prospective Athletes
- Pathway for Success program (this session by invitation only)
Please arrive at the Plan-It Purple check-in location early enough to allow for check in and student ID photos to be completed before these sessions begin. (If you are involved in more than one special interest category, we'd encourage you to attend one session and have a parent/guest attend the other on your behalf.)
- The Plan-It Purple welcome session will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. (9:30 a.m. during August/January) Your day will conclude around 4:00 p.m. or slightly earlier dependent upon the amount of time spent in the afternoon's advising and registration process.
- You will spend much of your day at Plan-It Purple with a Hawk Squad student orientation leader. Your Hawk Squad leader will be available to answer any questions that you have throughout the day. They will share important information with you about a variety of topics. You will begin the day with your family/guest; however, your afternoon is spent separate from your family/guest.
- Families and/or guests attending Plan-It Purple will follow the "family/guest" track and hear from a number of offices on campus including:
- First Year Experience
- HawkCard Office (dining/meal plans)
- University Police (safety and security)
- Student Accounts/Cashiers (student billing/payments)
- University Housing
- You may wish to bring two items: a fleece/sweatshirt/sweater as comfort levels in regard to air conditioning vary and a bag/tote to carry folder/materials.
Contact us at 262-472-3205 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See you at Plan-It Purple. Safe travels!