GRADUATE COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
|April 5, 2007|
|PRESENT:||Paul Adogamhe, Leon Arriola, Scott Bradley, John Chenoweth, Robert Gruber, Laura Hart, Denton Marks, Pete Mesner, Stephanie Miller, Anene Okocha, Manuel Ossers, Benjamin Peterson, Tracey Scherr, William Skelly, Diane Soles, Shannon Stuart, Alvaro Taveira, Susan Wildermuth, James Winship, Linda Yu, and John Zbikowski.|
|ABSENT:||*Marshall Anderson, Bob Benjamin, Kristina Brice, Kelli Danielski, Will Drago, Rex Hanger, *Glenn Hayes, Max Hsu, *Hephzibah Kumpaty, Crista Lebens, Seung-joon Lee, Andrea Musher, and Tony Truog.|
|GUESTS:||Carol Elsen, Don Zahn|
John Stone called to order the April 5, 2007, meeting of the Graduate Council at 2:20 p.m.
The minutes of the February 1, 2007 meeting were unanimously approved on a motion by Manuel Ossers, with a second by Pete Mesner.
- Contracts for the 2007-08 Graduate Assistantships have been mailed out.
- A copy of a proposed revision in the international student admissions policy was distributed with the agenda. The Council was urged to review the proposed revision and come to the May meeting prepared with questions, concerns, and, eventually, approval.
- By April 9th, a list of 3-5 finalists for the Dean of Graduate Studies & Continuing Education will be available. Interviews will be scheduled for mid-late April. Council members are encouraged to attend the open session for each of the candidates.
Information Only Items
Pete Mesner moved to approve items A, B, and C of the Information Only items on the agenda, with a second by Jim Winship. With no discussion, the motion carried. These items included:
- Administrative Action: Change Name of M.S. Degree from Business Education to Business and Marketing Education
- Curricular Action: Change in MBA Degree: Add MANGEMNT 762 as option within the Managing Technology Module
- Action: Proposed 2008-09 Calendar
The lone business item was approved on a John Zbikowski/Anene Okocha motion and second. John Zbikowski explained that the revision was necessary so as to make the course more suitable as an introductory course in the proposed new degree from the College of Education. This item included:
- Curricular Action: Course Revision and Description Change and Title Change from the Departments of Educational Foundations and Curriculum and Instruction: EDFOUND/CIGENRL 723: Issues, Perspectives, and Directions: A Professional Seminar in Education
Manuel Ossers moved to adjourn the meeting at 2:37 p.m. Robert Gruber seconded the motion, which carried unanimously.