The Certification in Human Resource (HR) Management is designed to allow HR professionals with Bachelors Degrees in a non-HR area to acquire specific Human Resource Management knowledge in five broad areas of Human Resources. These courses will be available for student access via the Internet.
Evidence of ability to succeed in graduate level Human Resources course work (evidence of this could include relevant work experience, GMAT scores, or professional certification, e.g., PHR or SPHR).
Note: Students in the HR Certificate Program may enroll in the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at UW-Whitewater if they meet the normal criteria for that program.
The Certificate Program requires completion of 5 of the 7 courses listed or course areas:
1. MANGEMNT-751 SEMINAR IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
2. MANGEMNT-752 CURRENT ISSUES IN COMPENSATION& BENEFITS
3. MANGEMNT-753 TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
4. MANGEMNT-758 MANAGEMENT AND LABOR RELATIONS
5. MANGEMNT-760 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
6. MANGEMNT-777 INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
7. MANGEMNT-745 BUILDING EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATIONS or MANGEMNT-759 SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF BUSINESS