Graduation Application Information
- Before the beginning of the term in which the degree is expected, graduate students should have a conference with their adviser to be certain that all course requirements are being met.
- Applications for graduation and a diploma must be completed and submitted to the Graduate Studies Office NO LATER THAN THE FIRST WEEK OF THE SUMMER SESSION or NO LATER THAN THE SECOND WEEK OF THE SEMESTER IN WHICH THE STUDENT PLANS TO GRADUATE. Late submissions of these forms may result in the student not being able to graduate until the next term.
- At the discretion of the individual degree programs, the following options may be made available to graduate students:
- Thesis Options: a minimum of 30 credit hours of course work, including a thesis taken for one to six credits.
- Applied Research Project Option: A minimum of 30 credit hours of course work, including completion of an applied research project course for one to six credits.
- Comprehensive Examination Option: A minimum of 30 credit hours of course work, including a comprehensive examination.
- Course Work Option: A minimum of 36 credit course of course work.
Degree programs may set additional requirements for any of these plans. Students should check with their degree program coordinator for the options available and for the requirements within each option.
- A graduation fee of $45.00* will be charged to all graduates, whether or not they participate in the May or December Commencement Exercises. This fee will be billed to your student account (Please do NOT send a check with your application).
Fee subject to change without notice.
- Attendance at the commencement ceremony is voluntary. Students will be mailed specific details after the submission of the application fee for graduation.
- There is no Summer Commencement Program. August graduates have the options to participate in the preceding May or following December Commencement Exercises, or none at all.
- August graduates choosing the May ceremony must submit their graduation application PRIOR to the Spring graduation application deadline. They will receive commencement information in March.
- August graduates indicating their choice to participate in the December Commencement Exercises will be sent pertinent information in October.
- If for some reason, you must withdraw or be removed from the graduation list, you must reapply for the next eligible term. This will not be done automatically for you.
- In the event that you are uncertain as to any of the requirements or procedures, please contact the Graduate Studies Office, Roseman 2013, Whitewater, WI 53190; call us at (262) 472-1006; or Email us directly Graduate Studies
Online Graduation Application Form (Student ID and password are to be entered after clicking link.)