Policies for UW-Whitewater
Grievance Procedures (student)
Step by Step process for student grievances:
- Problem occurs.
- Within 14 days discuss it with the person whose actions are in question. (Informal).
- If unsatisfied, within 7 days, talk it over with the Department Chair or Supervisor of the person (Informal).
- The Department Chair/Supervisor will attempt to resolve within 14 days (Informal).
- If unsatisfied, student has 7 days to write it up as a formal grievance, including why dissatisfied with recommended resolution, and send to the Dean or Director. (Formal).
- Within 14 days, the Dean or Director will attempt resolution or make the final decision. (Formal).