UWS 14.09 Appeal to the Chancellor
- Where the sanction prescribed by the hearing committee is suspension or expulsion, the student may appeal to the Chancellor to review the decision of the hearing committee on the record. In such a case, the Chancellor shall sustain the decision of the academic misconduct hearing committee unless the Chancellor finds:
- The evidence of record does not support the findings and recommendations of the hearing committee;
- Established procedures were not followed by the academic misconduct hearing committee and material prejudice to the student resulted; or
- The decision was based on factors proscribed by state or federal law regarding equal education opportunities.
- If the Chancellor makes a finding under sub. (1), the Chancellor may remand the matter for consideration by a different hearing committee, or, in the alternative, may invoke an appropriate remedy of his or her own.
History: Cr. Register, February, 1989, No. 398, eff. 3-1-89.