UWS Chapter 17: Student Nonacademic Disciplinary Procedures
UWS 17.08 Nonacademic misconduct occurring on or outside of university lands
- MISCONDUCT ON UNIVERSITY LANDS. Except as provided in s. UWS 17.08(2), the provisions contained in this chapter shall apply to the student conduct described in s. UWS 17.09 that occurs on university lands or at university-sponsored events.
- MISCONDUCT OUTSIDE OF UNIVERSITY LANDS. The provisions contained in this chapter may apply to the student conduct described in s. UWS 17.09 that occurs outside of university lands only when, in the judgment of the investigating officer, the conduct adversely affects a substantial university interest. In determining whether the conduct adversely affects a substantial university interest, the investigating officer shall consider whether the conduct meets one or more of the following conditions:
- The conduct constitutes or would constitute a serious criminal offense, regardless of the existence of any criminal proceedings.
- The conduct indicates that the student presented or may present a danger or threat to the health or safety of himself, herself or others.
- The conduct demonstrates a pattern of behavior that seriously impairs the university’s ability to fulfill its teaching, research, or public service missions.
Revised effective September 1, 2009