UWS Chapter 17: Student Nonacademic Disciplinary Procedures
UWS 17.13 Appeal to the chief administrative officer
- Where the sanction prescribed by the hearing examiner or committee is one of those listed in s. UWS 17.10(1)(h) through (j), the student may appeal to the chief administrative officer within 14 days of the date of the written decision to review the decision of the hearing examiner or committee, based upon the record. In such a case, the chief administrative officer has 30 days from receipt of the student’s appeal to respond and shall sustain the decision of the nonacademic misconduct hearing examiner or committee unless the chief administrative officer finds any of the following:
- The information in the record does not support the findings or decision of the hearing examiner or committee.
- Appropriate procedures were not followed by the nonacademic misconduct hearing examiner or committee and material prejudice to the student resulted.
- The decision was based on factors proscribed by state or federal law.
- If the chief administrative officer makes a finding under sub. (1), he or she may return the matter for consideration by a different hearing examiner or committee, or may invoke an appropriate remedy of his or her own.
Revised effective September 1, 2009